Chapter 7

The following Day
Mikaela

"So her mama twisted ass had an urn up and everything?!" Dawn said out of disbelief once I had explained everything regarding Genesis' story.

I nodded to confirm to her as she went quiet, seemingly in deep thought.

"Uhh D, what are you doing?" I finally asked her since a couple seconds of silence had passed by.

"Hold on I'm tryna think of a name for her mama's Tatiana stank ass," she replied quickly but was still in thought.

"Daw-"

"Thotiana! I got it!" She cut me off saying in excitement.

I gave her a side eye as she looked pleased with the new nickname, "is that a special skill of yours?"

"Bitch I'm the shit, bitch look at this
Got a brick on my wrist, bitch look at this.
This a brick. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" she sang as she began twerking on my couch.

"Na' i would usually be mad if someone was rubbin' dey ass all over our furniture but then I remembered...you basically detergent Dawn," Aug came into the living room saying to Dawn.

"I'm not gon' let you get to me today. My voodoo priestess told me The devil comes in many forms....even long chinned, scrawny ass negros," she looked him up and down before walking out of the room.

"Squeak! squeak! squeak!" Aug made the sound indicating how squeaky clean she must've been, with Dawn's every step.

"You're gonna head over to the studio now?" I asked August, remembering he had planned to do so.

"Yes mama," he said as he sat next to me and began rubbing my tummy, "just wanted to tell y'all i might not be back til late."

"Understood. I'm actually gonna go to my dad's place til Brie gets out of piano class....him and Genesis are over there catching up." I explained as I played in Aug's long hair.

He readjusted himself on the couch with a deep breath

*****************
August

"Babeh, I'm proud of ya for not doubting she ya sis and alladat, given what you and ya pops been through....but I was thinkin' y'all ain't gon' do a DNA test? Since eventually Brie gon be involved and I ain't bout ya let nooo fuckin' body toy with ma baby girl again," I said gettin tense at da thought of everything ma daughter had already been through.

Kaela leaned over and grabbed somethin off da coffee table.

"Babe I'm way ahead of you on that," she showed me a hair sample in a plastic cup and some DNA lab documents.

"Is dat?"

"Yeah, A strand of Genesis' hair I got during our embrace last night...soon as we confirm her identity we can work on a background check." She told me.