Chapter 11

3 months later

Mikaela
"Dawn, can you hurry up and pick a bag? My feet are killing me," I said impatiently to Dawn, as I shifted my weight from one leg to the other.

"Bih, you know damn well you don't pick a birkin, a birkin pick you," she said as she looked over the same 6 bags the Hermès associate had laid in front of her 30 minutes ago. "Beside, why yo ass decided on wearing heels at 8 months pregnant I don't know."

I kissed my teeth in her direction a little before looking the other way outside the store window. It was closed off to us for our appointment but a few photographers were taking photos of me probably about to sell them to TMZ or some other gossip site.

Truth is I only popped my heels on cause I knew the paparazzi would most likely be around & I didn't feel my best the last few days so at least wanted to look good while out.

"Well you said we were picking up a bag which should take no more than 10 minutes," I finally replied back to her as she held onto a bright pink Birkin.

"Well excuse me. Ain't everybody got a July Alsina to  send them Birkins on a whim," she continued, " unfortunately a bitch gotta spend her own coins to be an Icy Grl."

I chuckled a little at her as she picked up the black birkin.

"How is Jermaine by the way? He hasn't been by the house in a minute," I said back

"Girl you know that nigga, always busy working on that imaginary album he gon put out like them Love & Hip Hop cast members." She said nonchalantly, taking a look at the inside of the 3rd bag for the 10th time.

"Come on now D, don't do him like that. Aug said he came through to the studio a week ago for some background vocals." I said as I approached her and leaned in on the glass table she was at.

"Yeah well he better get out the background & bring that ass to the front of our house by 5 today so he can watch Q. I got a nail appointment that I - THIS THE ONE!" She cut ourconversation short and said loudly.

"Thank God," I said as the associate began putting the other bags away before grabbing a box for Dawn's all black birkin.

"Oh nah nah! That's not necessary," she interrupted the young woman, "you see them paparazzi out there girl? I'mma walk out with this on my wrist so bitches know Dawn Corleona Sherwood-Reynolds got bread like that" she said proudly.

"I thought they were here for Mrs. Alsina?" The girl said innocently.

Dawn shot her a look, "girl ain't nobody told you to mind thy busine-"

"It's Ms Montgomery," I cut off Dawn quickly, "and thanks for all your help." I finished to the girl.

********

"You want me to put your shopping bags in the trunk or backseat?" D asked me.

"It's okay, August said he was now pulling in to the parking lot to pick me up." I explained to her.

"Oh thank God. Cause I was gon tell you you'd be sitting in the backseat anyway. Birky gotta ride up front with mama." She said sounding relieved and patting the bag on her wrist.

********
August

"Dat cha new bag?" I said as I pulled ova ta whea Kaela and Dawn were standin'

"What it look like nigga," she pursed ha lips at me and said.

"I like it," I said lookin down at it & givin da bag a look of approval.