Dear Elliot-Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I actually woke up on time on Monday. And I was wearing pajamas too. I jumped in the shower and half an hour later I was walking into Vicksburg. I walked up to Bri and she grinned broadly at me.

"What's up buttercup?" she asked and I laughed a little under my breath.

"Nothing much deary. Any idea what you're going to do about Drew?" I asked and she stopped and turned to look at me.

"I think I'm going to write back. I mean it was stupid that I was talking to him as Elliot, and I was wrong to do it, but Drew really is a very sweet guy, and I don't know what I'd do without his letters." Bri said and we both smiled. I was back on my cloud nine, perfectly content with everything. I walked into English, actually rather early and found all the girls sitting in the front of the class. The boys were all grumbling and slouching in the back of the classroom and looking annoyed. I found a seat, near the front and stared expectantly. The bell rang and Ms. Morgan walked in with another boy following close behind. He was tall and handsome, with golden skin and light brown hair. He smiled at the class and we locked eyes for a minute, with him mildly staring at me. I tried to find a place to avert my eyes but his eyes were a very piercing hazel and it was hard to look anywhere else.

"Class, this is Carter Hilton. He just moved here from Florida." she said. All the girls had their mouths dropped open at his gorgeous smile. His eyes flicked back to me and I smiled at him, just trying to be friendly. Although it seemed he took it in a different way because he winked at me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Find a seat please Mr. Hilton." Ms. Morgan said. He nodded and smiled at her and then promptly found his way to the seat right next me. I shifted uncomfortably and the other girls stared at me jealously. Ms. Morgan started class and I heard a 'psst'. I turned around and saw Carter leaning towards me in his seat.

"Hey, I'm Carter." he said, and he stuck out his hand. I smiled uncomfortably at him but took his hand anyways.

"Lily. Paisley. Lily Paisley." I said and he grinned an irresistible smile at me.

"Listen, I'm new here and I was wondering if you could show me some places around town, help me get to know the town. And I'd like to get to know you too." He said. I laughed a little.

"Are all the guys this forward on the east coast or is that specially towards you?" I asked and I realized that Carter hadn't let go of my hand. He laughed.

"I like to think it's specially towards me." he said and I smiled. Carter moved my hand so he could look at the ring that Elliot had given to me sparkling on my finger. "Pretty ring." he said. I pulled my hand out of his and looked at it.

"Yeah, my boyfriend gave it to me." I said, still smiling at this ring. Carter nodded.

"You have a boyfriend?" he asked and I looked up at his discouraged face and nodded.

"Yeah, he's in Afghanistan." I said and Carter smiled.

"That's really cool. But still, would you mind showing me parts of this town?" he asked and I smiled skeptically at him.

"You're still going to hit on me even after I just specifically told you I have a boyfriend?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"I'm not hitting on you. Can't men and women be friends anymore?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I'll show you around." I said and he smiled, showing his perfect white teeth.

At lunch I was sitting with Bri, talking about Drew and Elliot. Carter came up to me and Bri stared up at him with her mouth dangling open.