IV

We arrived to a sketchy neighborhood where the cars were aligned all over the block

"So this is the party of the year huh." Zion chuckled and nodded his head.

"I know you might feel a little unsafe in this sketchy ass neighborhood but I got you baby." He grabbed my chin to kiss me causing me to dodge him from his statement.

"Oop, and what sir makes you think I ain't gangsta enough for the hood." He laughed and parked by a random house which was a block down from the house party.

"It ain't that you not savage baby..... you ever even been on this side of Baltimore much?"

I looked off wanderingly trying to avoid the question.

"Uhh.. well you see... my dad and brothers don't like to bring me around bad stuff. Not that the hood is all bad but-

"I got it, I understand. You must got some overprotective brothers." I nodded thinking about the argument I just had back home.

"When I was talking to you on the phone about having family problems... it was because I chose to come to this party in this neigh-

"if I had known you was gone get in trouble I never would've brought you."

"No it's fine. It honestly wasn't a big deal. I know if I asked my oldest brother Vinci he would've never had a problem with me going. But it was my other older brother Michaelangelo and he's extra."

"What'd He say?" It seems like that question alone was the last straw on the camels back.

I busted out crying causing him to sit up in his seat quickly with a look of concern.

"Aye baby what's wrong?" He asked quickly embracing me as I wiped my face free of tears for like the third time today.

"I really don't want to talk about it right now, let's just wait until after the party. I'm sorry I just don't want to be depressed at this party in front of your friends."

"Listen May, I don't give a fuck about my friends. If my lady got a problem then I got a problem y'hear." I nodded sniffing and dabbed my eyes with my fingers.

"Now stop crying before yo eyebrows come off." He hopped out of the car quick before I could hit him causing me to chuckle.

This boy was really something else I thought while shaking my head getting out of the car.

I shut the door and walked down the sidewalk where he was waiting for me.