Clouds

I watched as the dark black clouds started to roll in with the sound of thunder following closely behind. I kept my wings folded tightly across my back as I breathed in the sharp tang of rain and listened closely to the wind howling through the trees. Swaying with the leaves I watched as white hot lightning flashed within the stormy clouds. I closed my eyes holding my breath, I waited as the rain began to fall. One, two, three... I tipped off the branch and let gravity pull me down. Seconds from the ground I opened my eyes and snapped my wings up. The momentum carried me up into the dark stormy sky. My heart beat pounded loudly in my ear as it matched the rhythm of my wings. They strained as I pushed harder going faster and higher. My ears ringed as the thunder rang around me and my wings grew heavy from the moisture within the clouds. I stilled in the middle of the clouds and pumped my wings to stay in the air as I slowly circled around. The dark fluffy clouds were gorgeous and with the occasional white lightning flashes made the clouds stand out even more. Suddenly a jolt of electricity ran through me and my whole body locked up. I felt gravity pull at me hungrily as I fell weightless through the clouds. I watched in horror as my dark wings curled around me and the clouds started to disappear. I spun through the air paralyzed until I saw the ground rushing up to meet me.
Screaming I bolted up right in my bed. Gasping for air I looked around my room and out the window to see a storm raging. Feeling the phantom clouds surround me, I got out of bed and stared out the window to watch the lightning flash in the safety of my room.