Trees

The leaves fluttered as a breeze danced through the trees. The sound of laughter floated among the trees as if they were sharing their own private joke. Gently resting my hand on the smooth bark of a birch tree, I stared up, mesmerized as I watched its leaves dance with the breeze. As I watched, my eyes caught glimpses of silver weaving among the trees. Startled, I jumped as a hand fell on my shoulder and I felt his hot breath on my check when he whispered into my ear, "If you don't move you might be able to see them better.". Following his advice I continued to stand still next to the tree as the breeze continued to dance around the trees. I stood completely still as soft butterfly wings gently brushed against my cheek. "They are so close. Just hold on a little longer." I shivered as his breath brushed against my ear. The silver wings continued to glint between the trees before one hovered in front of my eyes. Its wings shone in the sun and I could see the delicate patterns within the wings. He lifted his hand and the tiny silver creature delicately sat on his finger. I stared at it before it flew of into the trees. The steady presence of the hand on my shoulder disappeared and I spun around trying to catch a glimpse of him before he dispersed completely. But when I turned around he was gone. Disappointment settled in when I was unable to catch a glimpse of him. My hand fell from the rough bark of the tree as I slowly ventured back onto the path and began walking out of the forest. Casting a longing look back; sighing I left to rejoin my ordinary, boring life.