Chapter 1: An Invitation

Ajisai no Himitsu
(NMB48)

CHAPTER 1: An Invitation

"Yamamoto-san?"

Yamamoto Sayaka was spacing out that she didn't hear the speaker. She was so concentrated on the files that she was reading.

"Yamamoto-san?"

Sayaka snapped back to reality and looked at the speaker -- it was her secretary. "Yes, Jonishi-san?"

"Watanabe-sama's daughter has arrived. She said she has something to tell you."

"But Watanabe didn't even made an appointment! That annoying man, tss. Let her in and please prepare us tea, Jonishi-san.. Thank you." Sayaka said and gave a subtle smile to her secretary. Jonishi Kei left the room and after a minute or two, someone knocked.

"Come in." said Sayaka.
Anywaaays, Yamamoto Sayaka is the daughter of the CEO of a car company, Yama Motors, Inc. She was an acting officer now that her father went into a business trip on the west.

Soft footsteps chimed in the room as the girl walked by. With her elegant aura and pretty face, she seemed like an angel sent by the heavens. When Sayaka's eyes met hers, she felt something warm stirring her heart inside. She was looking at her in awe as she walked across the room--
"Will you not offer me a seat, Yamamoto-san?" asked Watanabe's daughter.

"O--Of course, please have a seat. You are Watanabe-sama's daughter, right? I am the CEO's daughter, Yamamoto Sayaka." Sayaka extended her hand and offered a handshake. The girl reached for it and shook it lightly.

"Yes I am. My name is Watanabe Miyuki."

The hands separated and there was silence...

Until someone knocked again. Sayaka knew that it was her secretary and told her to enter. Kei served the tea and bowed to both of them before leaving.

"Now, what is it that brought you here, Watanabe-san?"

"Well, let me go straight to the point. About your proposal to buy shares from our company... My father said he would want to personally talk to you about this that's why he would want to invite you to a dinner next week."

Sayaka almost spit the tea out after hearing that. "Well, maybe he could have just sent me an email. He even brought you the trouble just to say that to me."

"My father wants things to be properly executed and he thinks this is the best action. Uh, sorry for coming over without an appointment. Maybe I should go now that I've told you that."

"I guess it would be proper if you finish your tea first." Sayaka said.
Their eyes met again and Miyuki smiled at her.

She looked at Miyuki as she sipped the tea. Sayaka does not drink tea at work, usually she would prefer coffee. But having known the backgrounds of the Watanabe family, she assumed that Miyuki will prefer tea over coffee. Noticing Sayaka's gaze, Miyuki felt awkward and diverted her eyes across the room.

Embarassed, Sayaka stopped from staring and looked down.
And then there was an awkward atmosphere...

"By the way, Watanabe-san... You're the only child of the Watanabe family, right? So, that basically means you're the heiress of your family's company?" asked Sayaka.

"Basically, yes. But I am not really interested in business." Miyuki briefly replied. "That goes the same to you, right?"

"Uhm, I have a sister. But since she's younger than me... I guess, I will be taking over someday."

"But, do you like it? Business, I mean?" asked Miyuki.

"I don't know. I got used to doing these things."