Chapter 4: It All Started in a Jam

Ajisai no Himitsu

CHAPTER 4: It All Started in a Jam

Jonishi Kei went home with a box of senbei and rice wine in her hands. She went to the kitchen to put the groceries on the table, and then she headed to her room to get some change of clothes.

Kei decided to bathe and soak in the tub to pass time while she waits for Sayaka. She headed to the bathroom and took a shower first before climbing onto the tub filled with lukewarm water.

It felt good -- the warmth of the water felt good on her skin. She felt very relaxed that she could almost fall asleep inside the tub. But, no, she tried her best to stay awake because if she fell asleep (in the tub) she might not ever be able to wake up.

That's what leads her into daydreaming...

[Flashback; 2 days ago]

"Try this one, Sayaka!" Kei said as she handed Sayaka a red colored dress.

"Doesn't it look too bright?" She said before looking at it. "How about this one?"
Added Sayaka as she showed Kei a white off-shoulder dress.

"Try them both. Then, let's decide after." Suggested Kei.

As Sayaka walked inside the fitting room, Kei was still looking at other display dresses at the shop. They were a variety of colors and styles -- from pastel colors, neons, and monochromes.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am." She heard the employees say in sync. She got curious and looked at where the sounds were coming from.

There was a girl who entered the shop, and for Kei, she somehow looked familiar. She was tall, has long curly black hair and she was wearing an elegant looking, pastel pink colored dress. She smiled at the employees and said, "Good afternoon. Thank you for always working hard."

It was a matter of chance when their gazes met in an instant and a smile was drawn from the familiar girl's face.

"Where did I meet her?" Kei thought to herself as she was trying to recall her memories.

The girl walked towards Kei, not breaking the eye contact and the smile too. Kei felt a sharp aura surrounding the girl and it gave her strong vibes that made her feel somewhat uneasy.

"Need help with anything?" asked the familiar girl. "I am Yoshida Akari, the owner of this shop and also the major designer of the products here."

"Actually, my boss is looking for a dress to be used for a proposal meeting." said Kei formally.

"Oh, where is she right now?" asked Akari.

"At the fitting room. We already chose some dresses but we are still not so sure about--"

It was when Sayaka went out of the fitting room wearing the red dress.

"Uhm, Kei, I don't think it suits me..." said Sayaka.

"It is indeed eye-catching." commented Akari "...but doesn't fit the theme well."

"Who is she, Kei?" Sayaka asked when she noticed Akari.

"She's the owner."

Yoshida Akari smiled at Sayaka and formally introduced herself. Sayaka introduced herself as well.

"Oh!" exclaimed Akari. "I think I have something that would fit you well!"

Akari called over one of the employees and instructed her to get something. After a minute of waiting, the employee went back with a black dress in her hand.