Chapter 2: The Secretary

Ajisai no Himitsu
(NMB48)

Chapter 2: The Secretary

It felt cold and her head hurts. Sayaka woke up to the soft sound of rustling clothes. She was at an unfamiliar place. She looked on the other side of the bed only to see a girl sitting at the edge of the bed and putting her clothes on.

She noticed how she felt cold besides being under the sheets. She looked under the sheets only to find out that she was totally naked. She looked back at the girl and recognized her even without seeing her face.

"Kei...?"

The girl looked at her with a totally red face. "Saya-- I mean Yamamoto-san... G--good morning."

She said before looking down.
Sayaka doesn't remember anything from last night, except for the fact that they went all out and got totally drunk at the bar. Whatever happened after, she can really not recall.

But judging from the situation, Sayaka had a hunch about what happened. And it was probably her fault.

"G--good morning, Kei." Sayaka sat at the bed, covering her bare chest with the sheets. "I totally don't remember what happened last night, but--"

"We can talk about it later. For now, you should take a shower and put some clothes on. So that you wouldn't catch a cold." Kei suggested as she smiled at her, while still blushing. "Ah! Your clothes are still being washed so you can use my clothes for the mean time."

Sayaka felt quite embarrassed but she had this enormous beating inside her chest. "Thank you, Kei." She blushed and cannot look at Kei's face directly.

"I'll go prepare breakfast. You go take a bath." Kei stood up and left her alone in the room.

Sayaka cannot absorb everything. What did she do in her drunk state? She was trying to recall what happened but nothing came to her.

Sighing in frustration, she stood up and put the bath robe placed in a chair beside her. Kei probably prepared this while she was asleep. Sayaka felt an unknown sense of guilt and she wasn't sure if this was really guilt or pure embarrassment.

Sayaka strode in the small hallway as she searched for the bathroom. It was easy to find since there are not so many rooms in the apartment.

She entered the bath room and headed to the sink. She drenched her face with the cool water from the tap and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"I need to take responsibility for what I did last night." She murmured to herself before finally taking a bath.

After washing her body in the shower, Sayaka then soaked herself in the tub. It felt good because of the warm water and she suddenly felt a bit sleepy. The warmth of the bath somehow relieved her headache too.

It was unexpected that suddenly Miyuki's image flashed in her mind. Sayaka felt bad after she thought of Miyuki. How her innocent eyes looked at her and how she can straight-forwardly make remarks. Her heart started to beat fast again.

Why? Why does her face always appear on her mind even when they've only met yesterday?

Sayaka doesn't understand a single thing.

****

The air was filled with the scent of bacon and eggs. Kei smiled at the thought that she was making breakfast for her boss. She turned off the electric range and started plating the food.

She knew exactly what taste of coffee will Sayaka prefer. How would she not know? When she has been Sayaka's and her father's secretary for two years already.