Drama

Kylie Rhys's POV

All I wanted was a life without drama, a life uncomplicated by emotions and emotional people. Yet here I am standing beside Jay as he has his hand around Chase's throat.

"Ky isn't a possession Taylor! She isn't your anything" Jay spits the words, anger running through him as his hold on Chase tightens.

"She wasn't saying that Saturday night in my bed pal" Chase winks smugly at Jay as I roll my eyes.

Jay turns to me tightening his hold further, Chase is struggling to breathe, "What's he talking about Ky?"

I am lost, unable to form words. My voice is trapped in my throat as he glares at me. I stare into Jay's eyes willing him to understand as I see the glimpse of realisation within him.

"You didn't Ky?" his voice is soft, pleading with me to reassure him but I can't. I can't lie to my best friend so I stay quiet.

Jay's free hand connects with Chase's jaw before I have chance to react and he whispers into Chase's ear, too quiet for me to hear.

I scream beside Jay "What the hell Jay. What are you doing?!" but he doesn't release his hold on Chase. I reach out and place my hand on his arm firmly. "Please Jay this isn't you" my eyes meet his and I give him weak smile.

Jay shrugs my hand off quickly and releases Chase taking a step back. I stand next to Chase watching Jay closely waiting for him to calm down.

"Maybe you don't know me as well as you thought Kylie" his tone is icy and I can't help the instant anguish I felt. I quickly control my reaction and stare at him blankly, emotionless.

"Maybe I don't" I sound just as icy as he did, each word I speak is as sharp as broken glass.

Chase holds out his hand and I immediately take it with a smile interlinking our fingers, I take one last look as my best friend rides away on his motorcycle.

"Are you ok babe?" Chase asks as we stand beside my locker.

I slam my locker shut and glare at him, "Did you really need to tell him, you know I wanted to be the one to tell him."

"He wants what's mine. So yes, I had to tell him" he gives me a small grin and kisses my cheek softly.

I lean into him and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer. "Let me remind you that this is purely physical Taylor." I whisper into his ear seductively.

"I'm aware Rhys trust me" he grabs my waist and pulls my body to his as his lips crash down on mine.

I go through my day without even thinking of Jay, me and Chase are the talk of the school obviously, but the day passes without any more drama.

As Chase walks me to my car realisation washes over me, I have to go back to Jay's because I have nowhere else to go. My pace slows and I can feel Chase's eyes on me.

"What's on your mind Rhys?" he asks casually as we reach my car.

I stand leaning against the driver door. "It's just going to be awkward going home tonight"

A grin spreads over his face, "so don't go home" he winks at me suggestively.

I roll my eyes in exasperation, "That's fine for tonight Taylor but I've got 3 months until I'm 18. That means I've got to live with Jay for 3 months. I hate the laws here why can't an adult be classed as 17?"

I look at the floor feeling defeated. All kids have to live with a responsible adult as a parent or guardian, and I have neither that's why I am at Jay's, my only option. Now that is gone too.