Chapter 1

"Kylie! It's about time you grow up and stop all of these childish actions!" My father yelled. I was never really affected with his rage, but my little brother usually cried whenever he was yelled at.

"You can't tell me what to do! If I want to tell Luke stories then I will!" I screamed back. Luke was never really a rebellious child, but I was fed up with my fathers stupid requests.

"Now listen here young lady! As long as you are living in this house, under this roof, you will obey my instructions!" He yelled.

I walked over to my dresser and started pulling all of my clothes out. I chose some pants and t-shirts and shoved them into my duffelbag. "What on earth are you doing?" He asked.

"I no longer live under your roof. Don't try to stop me or I will just run away in the middle of the night," I said. He was too stuck up to say that he would change his mind, and let me go.

"Kylie! Don't leave me!" Luke yelled. I felt really bad about leaving my brother there.

"I'll come back for you Luke. I promise," I said.

"I'll be waiting. Take care of yourself," he said. I walked down the stairs and left the house. My mom had died when I was 6, and it sent my dad into his drunken ways. He would never hit us, but he would threaten to and after he almost hit Luke is when I started to speak up.

I walked along the cold, dark streets. The only lights on were in the saloon where all the drunks spent the night drinking there sorry lives away. I clutched the strap of my bag as I turned the corner.

There was a short alley that was quicker to get to where I wanted to go, the beach. It was a place of comfort. My mom would always take me there to watch the waves and comfort me when I was upset.

I started to walk down the alley when I heard a bottle rolling down the cement. A shadow moved from behind a dumpster and was headed towards me. I turned around to escape whatever was behind me, but I ran into something.

I looked up and saw a dark haired guy smoking a cigar. A little bit of light was shining from the street lights. He had a tattoo running down his arm.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out this late?" He asked.

"Yeah, and in a dark alley all alone?" A voice said behind me.

I was surrounded. The tattooed man grabbed my arm and started pulling me. His one mistake was not grabbing my other. I turned around and elbowed him in the gut.

He stumbled back, and while his head was down, I grabbed his jacket collar and threw him against the brick wall. He fell to the ground holding his bleeding head.

I looked at the other guy who had a smirk. "This is gonna be fun," he said.

He lunged at me with a knife. As soon as he was five feet from me, I slid underneath him and tripped him with my leg. I stood up and so did he. We stared at each other walking around in a circle.

"It's a shame I'm gonna have to mess that pretty face up," he said.

"It's a shame that you haven't noticed," I said with a chuckle.

"Noticed what?" He asked. I held up the knife that was once in his hand. "What? How did you get that?" He asked.

I was enjoying this a little too much. He came at me and managed to pin me against the wall. He had both of my wrists, and I dropped the knife.

"You're a feisty one, aren't you?" He asked with a smirk. His breath was a mixture of alcohol and smoke.

"Yeah, but you forgot one thing," I said.

"What's that?" He asked.

I kneed him in the groin and he slumped over in pain. "Bitch!" He yelled. I grabbed the knife and stabbed his leg.

"Language," I said. I grabbed my duffelbag and was about to keep walking when a voice called out from the shadows.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" the shadowy figure asked. I stepped back, ready for any attack. "Relax. I don't want to hurt you," they said.

I stood up straighter. "What do you want?" I asked. Whoever was there walked closer to me. The moonlight hit his face.

"Why didn't you help me back there?" I asked.

"I didn't want to get your wrath. Plus I wanted to watch you fight. You could totally help me," he said.

"Help you? Why would I help you when you didn't help me?" I asked.

"I'll give you somewhere to stay and I'll train you," he said.

"It's not good to trust a stranger, but when have I ever followed the rules? Sure," I said.

"Great! Now we have to fly home," he said.

"Wait. Did you say fly? I can't fly," I said.

"Oh right. All you need is pixy dust and think of a happy thought," he said. He pulled at a bag and sprinkled little yellow sparkles over me. I thought of saving Luke from my father and I felt my feet lift off the ground.

"Great now take my hand and follow me," he said. I grabbed his hand and we flew up.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"To Neverland," he said.

"Neverland? Where's that?" I asked.

"Well you go to the second star to the right and fly straight on till morning," he said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Peter. Peter Pan," he said.

"Well Peter. In this Neverland, is your mother happy that you fly around and take random people home?" I asked.

"Mother? What's mother?" He asked.

"You don't know what a mother is?" I asked.

"No. Tell me more about this mother," he said.

"A mother is someone who loves and cares for you. She tells stories and sh-" I was cut off.

"Great. You can be our mother," he said.

"Our?" I asked.

"Me and the lost boys," he said.

"Peter I think you are crazy. Lost boys? Don't know what a mother is?" I questioned.

"Cmon you'll see," he said. I let go of his hand, and he flew a few feet before turning around. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Just... I can trust you, right?" I asked.

"Of course," he paused, "What's your name?"

"Kylie."

"Well, Kylie. You can trust me. I won't let anything happen to you," he said. He extended his hand out again, and I took it. "Now hold on tight," he said.

I grabbed his arm, and I could see him smiling. We sailed through the air at lightning speed. When I opened my eyes, we were flying over a huge island.

"Welcome to Neverland," he said. I released his arm from my death grip and soared through the clouds.

I saw a huge forest and a beach. I'm gonna like this place.