Chapter 1- The beginning

Love can be something beautiful, with harmony and happiness between a couple of two loving birds, but that isn't my case.

My name is Sophie Campbell, as you probably already knew, I've never wrote about myself when I was little, because at that time I never thought that journals could be that interesting to write.

I know you told me that it wasn't really necessary to write about me (because that always made me feel anxious) that I could write about someone fictional so that you know what has been happening to me without me being conscious that I'm talking about myself, but I want to try, I know I don't talk that much about my feelings at our sessions, that I have a lots of thoughts locked inside of me screaming for help, so I decided to do what you advised me, I'll write on this journal everything I feel during this days while I don't see you.

Once I was out of that room, I felt a lil' more happy knowing a part of the weight I carry just disappeared in a matter of seconds, but at the same time I was afraid of Valentine's opinions about this.

He doesn't accept new things so easily, the word "new" isn't something that would appear in his dictionary so often...What if he finds out I was talking behind his back on this journal? He would get really pissed off.

He's a really complicated man, he tells me he loves me like there's no tomorrow, but in the next day things get different, he always stays with that serious look of his and screams at me about things that make no sense or that aren't even something that interesting to be screaming at, he hits me strongly in my face and body with hate in his guts and doesn't let me out of "my" room to get a simple cup of water or to even see the light of the day.

I sat next to the drivers seat and pulled my seat belt as Valentine accelerated with the car out of the parking lot, I stayed silent while listening to the music of the radio until I broke the silence between us two.

"You know...I talked a lot about you...I told him you were a sweet guy by going with me to the new Starbucks for the first time..."

He smiled in a more vain and proud way.

"I know, you see? I'm not that bad as you say I am..."

It looked like he loved the compliment, is he a little more humorous?

"I...Also said you would give me something for when the date of the first day we started dating comes..."

"Uhum..."

He seemed to have more attention to the road than to me, but of course that's normal, he's the one driving, but I continued with hope that he would get happy on hearing about his achievements, maybe that would give him a reason to not hurt me tonight.

But I was wrong.

"I also told him-"

"Sophie, if this is somekind of emotional blackmail, it's better if you stop it now."

He interrupted me coldly, I felt really afraid of him by the way he spoke to me, he was really serious and cold, like he was about to slap me at any moment, I've always hated the ambience he creates when I'm alone with him, I feel a lot of hate on myself coming from him, that's all my fault, I keep asking him dumb questions like I'm asking him to stab me with a knife.

The rest of the trip until home was silent, I was afraid to make him mad by telling him more about what I've told you about him, Maybe I was just being paranoid about the fact of him pulling off the car and leaving me out in the middle of the street and letting me walk until his home while raining...

We then finally got to his garage and...Did I ever told you about how his house is like? It still amazes me by the fact that his house is a lot older than it looks like, his father is really rich, so Valentine somehow made his father buy him a Victorian mansion from his uncle that ran in the family for ages, it's a really big mansion, it has a lots of rooms decorated with wallpapers that look straight up from a castle, paintings that look extremely expensive and really old furniture that still looks fully new. He has a game room where his coworkers go to at every friday to play poll with him, I'm not really allowed to go there, just to only go clean the mess they do there when needed, he has a "small" library with old and really big books that he uses to read when bored, A big room that he made it into a gym for himself, and a lots of guest rooms too, but my favourite place is the living room, there's a fire place close to the purple couches where we use to stay at night after dinner just to stay warm, I'm still glad that he lets me stay there with him, he never let me go there before, but I showed him I was a nice girl to be able to stay there just to look at the fire burn the wood and newspapers.

"Hurry up and get all those shopping bags out of my car."

He said with a serious and cold expression while opening the car luggage after having pushed me out of the car, I took them out slowly because my arms were too weak to carry out heavy things and then I left them at the enterance of the kitchen, I noticed that besides the food he bought, he also bought new cozzy clothes for himself, but there was something plus on a small and pink shopping bag, I noticed it was some lingerie, which at first I thought that wasn't even for me, maybe for one of his girls that he likes so much from work, since he stays most of the time talking with them and coming home late with lipstick on his neck and clothes.

But it had my size, I'm actually really small compared to other girls, so it was probably for me, I got surprised by that, because it's been 4 years since he doesn't buy me something. "How sweet of him" I thought, clueless of what his main intentions were I guess.

I know I've never told you about this but, when I first met him, I was a lil' chubby, years had passed and now I can't barely touch food, not like I don't want but, he wants to keep me in shape, so he just lets me have only dinner every day, with no lunch or even breakfast, He doesn't let me eat that much portions of food, I know he wants me to be a good girl and that he wants the best for me so I don't complain, even if it hurts so much when I'm trying to sleep.

"Hurry up you useless rat, you have chores to do."

He pulled me by my black sweater to the living room and threw me to the floor with a sponge.

"You better have that floor cleaned up and really shiny, I'm gonna have guests tomorrow, you better have this room cleaned without any dust in the furniture, if I see that you left any somewhere I'll give you a great punishment that you'll never forget, understood?"

"Yes sir..."

I replied while looking at the wet sponge on my hands, the Iye just made my cuts from many mistakes I've done burn a lil, he then left to his room to possibly take a nap while I finished to clean the entire room all by myself with hunger in my stomach, because from the looks of it, He didn't want to have dinner, so neither I ate.

---------
Hi guys, I'm a really newbie writer, I've tried my best to keep things interesting,
I hope I did this well and that you liked this first chapter,
I'm sorry if my English isn't the best, It's not my mother tongue but I tried to keep things clear.
Special thanks to my boyfriend who encouraged me into trying out writing and supported me a lot while I was making this first chapter UvU