CHAPTER 4: THE NEW KID IN TOWN

'I'm not the kind of guy you mess around with'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

I shivered from the cold winds of Sweetwater River, I tugged my jacket around my body as I walked down the boat ramp. The water was beginning to un-frost, the cold winter ending for Riverdale. I walked along the pebble swarmed ground, searching for the black rock. She could've explained why I was looking for the stupid thing, or why it was so important that I had to drag myself down to Sweetwater River.
It felt like I walked for a solid mile, but I finally found it, the black rock. With a proud smile I approached it, but what I saw made my body freeze. Carved into the moss covered rock was five letters and a symbol.

FPJ+LR

It wouldn't take a genius to know exactly what those letters stood for, FP Jones and Lilian Regal. So they had been together, and they both lied about it. I felt my blood heat up just as my phone began to ring, I yanked it out of my pocket and answered with an annoyed 'hello'.

"You don't seem so happy"

Lena.

"How can I be, so it's true, they were more than acquaintances" I snapped into the phone, "correct, they dated for a long time. But they were more than just girlfriend and boyfriend.." She trailed off. "Holy shit, they weren't married were they?" I asked, I merely heard her chuckle "you catch on quick".

"No way, no, moms only being married once and that was with dad" I said refusing to believe that they were married, "don't believe me then, but go check in her wardrobe. She has a hidden shoebox with a bunch of old things from FP, then you'll believe me"

"How did you know I was here?" I asked beginning to look around, the woods creating a blanket over my eyes. "I told you, I have eyes and ears everywhere" she said, my brows furrowed "are you following me?" I asked.

"No, not yet anyways. Goodbye Anna"

She cut off the line again, she was really liking that now.

But there was no way in hell that I am snooping through my moms stuff, even if it could be true.

-----------

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, Anna"

I locked eyes with Dr West, his kind smile and gentle tone always inviting. "Have you ever been afraid of the truth?" I asked raising an eyebrow, his brows furrowed and he leant forward "sometimes, fear can be described as many different feelings and things" he said.