Complete Story Details

Unlike her twin counterpart, April had independent thought and, to everyone else's surprise, she was very much alive. Despite being identical to the State's military prodigy, April's differences from May didn't stop there. She was, after all, not under the control of the the tchotchke President nor the puppet master pulling the strings of the Senate. April was free to think, free to be -- to an extent.

April was never the active rebelling type. Rather, every action she did in spite of a collapsing hierarchy or in favor of a growing civil war was more out of the need to survive than a need to change the world she knew. The apocalyptic void between her at the outskirts of the city and the growing prosperity of the rich, military government at the capitol has kept her distant, kept her thinking, kept her running.

That is, until she meets Emmeline Thatcher, daughter of a once influential and wealthy councilman who turned up dead after a scandalous encounter with 'street slum' that lurks in the dirtier part of town. Now Emmy is trying to figure out what happened to her dad and is willing to force the unusual April to help -- "your kind knows the ins and outs of the streets, don't you?"

Now the two of them are up against the world, struggling to stay alive not only because of the truths they uncover but because other Months are close of their tail, bearing teeth and knives to gut them. This dystopia is crumbling whether they like it or not, and amidst the anarchy, they feel obligated to do something about the City and their growing romance.