Chapter 32

Chapter 32.
Alvaro's POV.
(Two weeks later)
"We are chasing ghosts" Layler says as she goes through some documents while sitting by the desk.
"Literally!" David says as he takes off his jacket and James just looks at them while pulling from his cigar.
We have been looking into the Russians for two weeks now and I must say they look clean.
We decided first to do our research before going undercover and we have not spotted Layler's father, uncle and wife...It is like they died just as the whole world knows.
"You guys! You need to see this" Brie says as she hurries into the cabin that we are chilling in.
She sits down on the couch and then she takes out her laptop and we all gather around her.
She turns it on and then she goes to some folder and clicks on it and we see trucks at the border of Africa.
"Is that it?" James asks as he goes back to smoking his cigar.
"Not quite...Look closely" She zooms into the picture of the trucks and we see men with the same tattoos on their necks driving the same trucks.
"Okay...Your point?" Henry asks.
"Fools! This is the Russians’ truck" Layler says and Brie finishes off.
"Two weeks ago these trucks crossed the border to Africa...I have a feeling these trucks did more than just transport merchandise" Brie says as she browses through her laptop.
"And I think the Russians have a feeling that the Mercys are on their tails" Layler says.
"And what better way to move the evidence" James says throwing away his cigar.
"Exactly!" Brie says.
"So what now?" I ask.
"I say trace the route of their merchandise in that way we get to trace those trucks, they could lead us to Layler's uncle and who knows the better informed we are about the routes they use the better we can take over" James says.
"But how do we trace them? Their security is tight" Henry says.
"We can go undercover just as we had planned before”

#

Brie's POV.
I walk into one of the Russians’ clubs and I go take a seat by the bar, a few men approach me but I tell them where to get off and then I keep it moving.
"Well well well...if it isn't Brie McDilly" I hear a manly voice talk to me.
I turn around to see who is trying to talk to me and my eyes light up...Jackpot!
"Oh hi do I know you?" I ask trying to seem oblivious but I know exactly who I am talking to.
"Sorry, allow me to introduce myself...Andrea Federali" He says holding his hand out to shake mine but I simply look at it.
"Ok" I say.
He looks overly dressed to be at a club but then again he could have been here to check his father's business...Andrea Federali, the son of the notorious Russian drug lord Padrino.
"May I get you anything?" He asks flashing his toothpaste smile at me.
"No, how do you know me?"
"My father and yours are well acquainted so what will you be having? You want-"
"No nothing really I am good, I did not come here to drink"
"Oh then is it safe to say you came here in hopes to leave with prince charming?"
"Not even, just checking the scenery"
"Let me guess you are new in town?"
"Yeah" This conversation is going nowhere so let me accelerate it a bit.
"So-"
"Listen it was okay meeting you nothing nice or something like that but okay, if you will excuse me"
"If you will excuse me" He says handing me my phone back...huh when did he take it?
"Ho-"
"I called myself from your phone...I will be in touch"
"How did you"
"Man of many talents my dear" He says with a wink and then he walks away.
That was almost too easy, operation go undercover is officially a go.