Chapter 4

Spencer's P.O.V
Alex and I were standing outside of the two, old wooden doors waiting for the door to open as we heard someone walking towards it from the inside.
"Hey, Jason. Welcome back! Got a haircut I see."
He chuckled before answering "Thanks and yeah, I figured it was about time so I donated it to locks of love, I shaved some of the beard off too."
I smiled "Yeah I noticed. You look better with short hair anyway."
"Well, Jason, this is Alex Santiago. Alex this is Jason."
Jason outstretched his arm whilst announcing "Nice to meet you, Alex."
"You too," Alex replied accepting his handshake
"Oh, sorry come in." He offered before moving to the side so we could get past.
"Thanks." Alex and I said in sync whilst walking into the house that holds a lot of memories.
"Hey Ali, hey Em. How are Grace and Lily?"
"Erm, one word would be tiresome," Alison said chuckling
I laughed while Emily added "But cute, they can be adorable too. That's why it's so hard to stay mad at them."
"Yeah, I bet it is," I commented grinning
"I can see us having the same trouble when we have kids" Alex laughed
I tensed up instantly and I let my grin droop before recovering and replacing my genuine grin to a forced smile whilst nodding in agreement, I thought that was believable especially since no one saw my smile drop so I continued with my fake laugh hoping the trail of conversation would lead somewhere else quote soon.

Jason's P.O.V
We were talking about kids, well Ali, Emily, Alex and Spencer were I was just listening, nodding and occasionally making a one-worded comment when I noticed spencer's expressions. She obviously was uncomfortable about Alex's remark but had tried to hide it. I knew it had something to do with Toby she wasn't always aware of it but she talked about him quite a lot, it was like witnessing a kids' first crush. I was of bringing the plates over to the table and has asked Spencer to help me hoping I would get a short chance to speak with her. As she can back from putting the cutlery I decided to bring it up. " Alex seems really nice, you can tell he really loves you."
She looked at me and glanced back down to the kitchen countertop "Yeah he is and I love him too."
"But?" I replied knowing there was more underneath the surface
"But I'm not sure if I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I love him, I really do. It's just..."
"You love Toby more."
She sighed "Does that make me a terrible person?"
"No, it makes you Human. So what are you going to do?"
"I don't know, but something already happened this morning. I don't regret it but I'm not sure how to tell Alex if I should even tell him."
"Well, what happened?" I questioned already knowing the answer
"We may have sort have had a slip. I had a dream about Toby and I needed to see him, I went there with the intention if saying goodbye permanently but things got complicated. Complicated enough that when my brain had awoken I was cuddled up next to Tobes telling him I love him."
"Wow, I never thought you would be I this position. Not after everything that happened with your and my dad. Our dad."
"I know. I know. I hate cheating I'm such a hypocrite but I couldn't help it, I just couldn't stop myself."
Well, do you know what you're going to do?" I asked filled with curiosity
"No. But I know I want to be with Toby. I'm just scared I'm going to screw it up with him again."
"You won't, but you should probably figure things out now. It will be easier and less painful for a lot of people of your just honest."
"Yeah, I guess your right. Thanks, Jason."
"Anytime."
I pulled her into a short hug when Ali called "Hurry up you two I'm hungry."
We both laughed before taking the rest of the plates and utensils in and sitting down at an empty place at the table.

Hope this chapters okay, sorry it's shorter than usual and sorry it's a little late I had fallen asleep before I could post it. Feel free to leave your opinions in the comments and don't forget to vote and recommend. My views have gone down dramatically and it would be nice if you could help me get them back up or I might discontinue writing it if no one reads it.
Word count:715