Chapter 9

Nastasia's POV:

I was in the mirror, deciding between outfits. I was running out of time when I decided to just wear a black off the shoulder dress. I paired it with black knee high suede boots. I thought it was too much black on black, but I had no more time to change. I needed to fix my hair and put on makeup.

I rushed to the bathroom, and began to take out the foam curlers from my hairs

I rushed to the bathroom, and began to take out the foam curlers from my hairs. As each section fell out as a curl, I smiled at how excited I was. I haven't felt this happy to go out in a long time. I fixed the curls and began to fix my face. I put on mascara, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick. I did a natural look, and put on my favorite earrings. As I was running around my house trying to get myself ready, my mother was leaning against her doorway. I couldn't tell if she admiring me or just plain old just watching me.

"Where's he taking you?" She asked.

"I don't know. He said it'd be a surprise." I said as I placed on a black cardigan.

"Is he Haitian? Or other?" I halted at her question. Really mom?

"Other. Why?"

"Just asking, in case I need to file a missing child's report if or when you come home." She chuckled but I looked at her an  just rolled my eyes. I didn't think these funny at all. "All in all, I hope you enjoy yourself tonight. I already prayed to Allah that-"

"Allah? What your Muslim now?" I questioned her while crossing my arms. I felt my eyebrows arch as if I were Sherlock Holmes.

"I'm in between. I hope there's no issue." She smiled.

"There isn't. I'm just wondering  because, I don't you know mother, but in religion you must be faithful and choose one. Even I am as confused as the gods are from both Buddhism and Muslim."

"Oh I almost forgot!" She jumped an  ran into her room. I looked at her as I grabbed my purse. "Here." She handed me a small clear Crystal. I threw my head back and thought how could I have been so bad to get such weird mom. "I cleansed it. It's for good luck. For tonight. In case you need help getting l-"

"No I get it. Thanks." I shoved the Crystal into my purse an  thankfully Michael texted me he was downstairs. I kissed my mother on the cheek. I walked down the stairs hurriedly an  stopped at the front door. I breathed and pushed the door opened. There stood Michael. He looked so handsome, it was heard for me to prevent myself from jumping on top of him. He was wearing dark fitted jeans, a white shirt, a denim jacket, and a beige wool jacket. He wore the wool jacket, the one I love wearing because, one it smelled like him, and two because it was so warm. Besides, I argued it looked better on me.

 Besides, I argued it looked better on me