Chapter 10

Michael's POV:

I smiled as walked into my building. The date couldn't have gone better. Especially that kiss. Man, that kiss. I would be lying if I said there wasn't any tongue action or hand fumbling. But besides the lustfulness, their was undeniable chemistry. A lot of it. Along with trust, affection, and humor. A lot of it. Nastasia wasn't like an girl I've ever dated or even met. It's not just her attitude or her body, though they are positives, it's her personality. Herself is unique. Words cannot explain. Literally.

Just as I thought no one can ruin my night, I was wrong. When I opened the door to my house, I found my mother at the kitchen island, seated looking through a magazine, what I can only imagine was from her company. She was in her robe, and slippers. I can imagine how long she was there, waiting for me personally. Just as I was gonna brush her off, and head into my room, she made contact with me. 

"Michael." She retorted as I stopped in my tracks. I rolled my eyes before I turned around. 

"What?" I said in my annoyed tone she knew very well by now. 

"Don't what me. Where were you that your coming home so late?" She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat. I really didn't feel like answering her, but then we'd be here the rest of the night. "It's almost 2:30 in the morning." She nearly yelled but it turned into one of those yelling whispers. 

"I was out. Now, can you let me go to bed. Like you said, it's 2:30 in the morning and I have class." I said as I started for the stairs again.

"No. I got a call today that you never met up with the Steven's. You said you'd go." 

"No, you said I'd go. I never did." I was harsher than I thought I'd be but I didn't care. "Besides, I can't stand their son. Better if I didn't see him." I mentioned as I walked up the steps, I didn't bother looking back. I finished the conversation as I heard he mumble things under her breath. Not that I cared what she said, I walked into my room and nearly ripped off all the clothing I had on. Just the conversation between me and mother made me more tired than I already was. SO tired, I didn't even take of my pants or shoes. I just jumped onto my bed and went straight to sleep. 

- HOURS LATER -

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. 5:45 am. Fuck me. I dragged my ass off my bed and changed into a my grey sweat joggers and matching champions sweatshirt. I put on my black beanie and matching black and white Huaraches, grabbing my phone and headphones. I walked down the steps of my house and used the steps instead of the elevator. I walked out side and stretched in front of building before taking off down the street. I blasted my music as I ran down my block. Mu morning runs were usually before the sunrise, but I needed it. Running was like my stress relief. And I needed a stress-free life. 

Running for what felt like, ever, I stopped after what I discovered was now twenty blocks. I went to the park with a jungle gym, and began doing my usual routine. Pull-ups, bur-pees, push-ups, crunches, and chin-ups. I finished while the usual elders began to arrive for their own workouts, and with that I returned home. 

To avoid any agonizing time between me and my horrid of a mother, I ran quickly upstairs to my room. I jumped into the shower and took off all the sweat and dirt from the top of my hair to the bottom of my feet. I wrapped a towel around my waist and looked through my closet. Today, I had no classes, so I figured I'd just wear something casual and comfortable. So I threw on a matching Adidas track suit and sneakers. I happily walked downstairs wearing a snap back and walked happily down my staircase. As everyone was seated already eating breakfast, my mother broke away from reading the New York Times on her iPad, and looked upon me. She looked confused, as did I. However, my father and sister didn't seemed vexed. They were too busy watching CBS This Morning on the TV screen. I greeted them and took a seat.