Anxiety

Plot- you accidentally get Brendon in a detention as he attempted to help you with your anxiety...

Recently I've done a lot of exams and I have very high expectations with myself so I've been suffering with my anxiety a lot more than usual and felt about writing about my experiences.

If you ever want to talk to me about anxiety, DM me, they're always open!

Brendon's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I take my seat in my health and social care class, I immediately see the familiar test papers on the desk and groan.

My teacher hates our class since we never revise or do homework so he frequently gives us tests to punish us.

My eyes also caught the gaze of the new girl. She's only been in one health class so far so she won't really know much and I feel really bad for her.

As she takes her seat, she buries her head in her hands and her h/c hair falls over her arms.

I'm about to go over to ask her if she is OK but I am instructed to take a seat.

Once our teacher orders us to start, I can't take my eyes off the girl.

I only know her name. Y/N.

I begin the test but I'm quickly distracted as I think about her. She didn't look OK. Maybe she's sick.

My eyes flick over to her. She's only on the desk next to me so I can see her well. She sits alone on the desk with her head still in her hands.

Knowing I can't talk, I grab my notebook and write a quick note on a page.

Hey, are you OK?

I pass it to her subtly and wait for her response.

Yeah

When I look back at her again, I catch her eyes and see them glossed over with tears.

No your not, what's wrong?

Nothing, I promise.

Your crying! Do you want me to tell sir?

No, don't. I'm fine.

We can leave if you want... Your shaking

I know.

Gently, I place my hand on her back and rub small circles into her back. She looks at me with tears falling down her face.

"Mr Urie, would you mind telling me what you are doing?" The teacher bellows, making y/n jump.

"She's upset, I'm just comforting her." I shrug.

"You should be doing your test." He says.

"Are you not even bothered that y/n's upset?" I ask.

"Assessment Brendon, now." He says.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? She's clearly having a damn panic attack and all you care about is me finishing my stupid test." I yell.

The class gasps and I frown.

"Mr Urie that language is not acceptable-"

"Do you want to know what isn't acceptable? The fact that we're still arguing when y/n isn't OK. Let me take her out so she can actually breathe, dickhead." I reply.

"Brendon, out!" He yells.

"Go suck a cock!" I blaspheme, standing up and walking to the door.

"Detention after school." The teacher sighs.

In pure anger, I kick the door and storm outside.

Y/N's POV:
~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the school day, I shamefully walk to my health and social class.

I am hoping to catch Brendon and apologize for getting him into trouble.

When I reach the room, Brendon is sitting at his desk alone.

Quickly, I slip into the room and close then door quietly.

Brendon looks up at me and smiles.

"Y/N, what're you doing here?" He asks.

"I came to apologize." I say.

"What for?" He asks.

"Getting you a detention." I reply.

"That was my own stupid fault, not yours." He says.

"Yeah well, I'm still sorry," I say, "Also, I want to thank you. For helping me. It means a lot to see someone cares."

"Of course I care, I know how much anxiety sucks." He replies.

A smile creeps onto my face as I look at the beautiful brown eyed boy.

"Where's sir?" I ask him.

"Went to go get a coffee." He sighs.

"I'll stick around if you like." I suggest.

"You'll get in trouble." He says.

"And what? Get an after school detention? I'm already here." I say.

"Fair point." He smiles.

I take a seat next to him and we just talk about ourselves for a while. I show Brendon some photos I've taken and he explains how he's an aspiring musician.

A half hour passes and our teacher still hasn't gotten back.

"Should we go?" I suggest.

"He'll kill us." Brendon says.

"No, he doesn't know I'm here, he'll kill you." I laugh.

"OK, let's run." He says.

We throw our bags over our shoulders and, instinctively, Brendon grabs my hand as we creep down the halls into the parking lot.

When we are there, we notice our teacher in the grounds and run rapidly from the school.

As we stop, certain we're far enough away, I pant heavily and catch Brendon's eyes.

Both of us are trying to catch our breath so our hands are still interlocked but we don't care.

After we can breathe again, without saying a word, Brendon smashes his lips into mine.

A concoction of shock and love builds inside of me and I kiss back firmly.

When we finally pull away, Brendon mutters in a husky voice, "We should get detention more often."

~Abbie