➳ 22

Monday.

It had been a stressful Monday. No one was home. The three adults were busy with work and Verselle had to go home alone. It was a really bright 3'o clock in the afternoon, making Verselle smile a little.

On her way home, she saw a stray black cat in the middle of the streets, and being an animal lover, she chased it until she caught it.

Suddenly, upon touching the young animal, a headache struck her. It wasn't just a headache, but some blurred picture appeared on her mind too. The cat which was trying to escape from Verselle's arms had been freed by the young girl, as Verselle watched it run away from her.

While continuing to walk home, Verselle thought of the picture she had seen on her mind. She tried to analyze it, trying to see it clear and so she did.

It was her mother. Seungkwan was running after a black cat with someone along him; Well, Verselle didn't even knew let alone recognize the boy who her mother was with but somehow, he was familiar.

Verselle had finally reached home. She threw her school bag on the couch on the living room and then went up to her room and faced the mirror, for she was sure that she had seen the second boy on the image on a mirror.

She looked at her own reflection on the mirror, observing her own features. Slowly, it came to her and in a glimpse of an eye, everything became clear.

In anger, the young girl threw her hair brush on the mirror harshly but it didn't break at all. She began to sob uncontrollably, wiping her own continuous tears.

❝I'm not a Xu. . .❞

❝My father is not my father. . . The father I know is not my father at all. . .❞

She continued to cry, cry and cry without stopping as there was something that saw her sorrow and mourning from the window sill. It may had been smiling permanently, but deep inside, it felt sorry for the weeping child.

❝Too much for a young-aged girl. . . Poor Chwe child. . .❞

√───•♥•───√