➳ 30

Minghao steps into the kitchen, heading to the refrigerator before getting out a bottled water. From the dining table, Seungkwan was busy on his phone but then looked up when he noticed the Chinese man's presence, watching him drink the cold liquid. Minghao locked eyes with him as he put the bottle back inside the refrigerator, closing it after. Minghao thought he could at least break the silence and speak.

❝Hey,❞

Seungkwan didn't budge; instead, kept his intense gaze on Minghao.

❝Seungkwan, I just wanted to share some news. Don't be so mad at me, okay? Don't throw a chair or a plate or even your phone, please. I discovered you become like that when you're in your greatest temper.❞

Minghao sighs, continuing to talk while Seungkwan stays deadly silent.

❝Okay so, me and Junhui are going back to Korea, and I thought we can't just leave you behind. I already know you would be lost as fuck around the towns while overhearing people speaking Chinese from everywhere. I only taught you basic Mandarin, and the fact that you might end up being lost and confused around the city would worry me a lot. So, you are going back with us to South Korea and whether you say yes or no, there's nothing you can do because I've answered yes for you, and I've already booked our flight. Be thankful at least that I paid for your flight. That's almost one-fourth of my salary.❞

Seungkwan didn't answer. He just silently took Minghao's words in his mind before removing his stare on him and went back to scrolling on his phone. Minghao took that as a signal that Seungkwan had clearly heard him, before he went out of the kitchen, went upstairs and soon Seungkwan heard some thud sounds from upstairs which he assumed was Minghao packing his things.

Seungkwan sighed. He mumbled to himself;

❝Packing is really tiring.❞

When he finished packing his stuffs until his room was almost empty, he went to Verselle's room, missing everything about her.

Her happiness. That laugh. Those tears. Those giggles that softened his heart. Her brightness that made his days better. Her everything. He misses them all.

Looking around the little girl's room, his heart sank.

Everything was almost broken. The mirror was broken, the walls' paintings were scratched, the picture frames were shattered, the walls were vandalized with a sloppy handwriting, an orange juice and baby powder were spilled on the floor. Seungkwan trembled on his spot, doubting that his pure and innocent little princess did all of these.

He headed to her closet, opening it to see again the clothes Verselle owned. There were not just stylish clothes he bought for her, there were also clothes that he made for her as a fashion designer. Bitterly, more than a week of neglect had yellowed some fabrics, faded the bright colors, corroded the stitching and deprived a few of lavish dresses she had. It was sad, it was upleasant to the heart, yet it was urging Seungkwan to move on.

He looked around to see anything that would give him a conclusion. His feet brought him to her study desk, seeing the primary textbooks resting near the corner. He grabbed onto the English one, flipping the thick pages and immediately spotted a bright red scribble which read 'pathetic'. The sloppy handwriting was clearly not Verselle's, Seungkwan was sure of it. He continued turning the pages, seeing more rude words horribly scrawled with the same red ink.

'Your father is fake!'

'You're so pitiful.'

'Distressing!'

'Cursed bitch!'

'The world would've been better if your parents didn't get together and had you.'

Seungkwan was triggered, taken aback by the disrespectful words he had just seen with his own eyes.

He ran out of the room, heading to Minghao and Junhui's to see the knitter and talk to him about what he just had found. Slamming their closed door open, Seungkwan entered into Minghao folding his clothes, packing his stuffs too.

❝Oh, hi Kwan. What brings you here?❞

❝I have something to talk to you about.❞

❝Go ahead. What is it?❞

Seungkwan held the book up for the Chinese male to see, flipping the pages for him to get glimpses of the red discourteous doodles.

❝Who do you think did this to my little princess? Do you perhaps know someone, somebody who could've done this to her?❞

Minghao eyed Seungkwan with a straight face.

❝Yeah, I think I know. You need not worry, I'll take care of this.❞

Minghao snatched the book from Seungkwan, placing it on his desk before tracing his hands on the displayed books lined up, got hold of a familiar small beige-colored leather book and gave it to Seungkwan. The younger looked at him in astonishment.

❝Where did you get this?❞

❝Living room. Junhui baobei was cleaning there and found this under the sofa. He almost threw it before I caught him and grabbed it. I know it belongs to Verselle, but because I respect her privacy, I didn't meddle with it or anything like that. And you have the right to know her secrets, so I'm giving this to you.❞

Seungkwan slowly nodded with a serious stare, opening the object. Flipping to one of its pages, a sentence written in purple ink caught his attention. No, it wasn't the proud feeling Seungkwan would feel upon finding out that Verselle used the expensive purple pen he bought for her (it was around 10,000 won, 10 Dollars to be precise) but instead, it was her full sentence.

❝I wish mama and papa would be together again.❞

√───•♥•───√

1k+ reads ?? y'all are so precious for real omg i wasn't expecting this boring story to reach over 1k reads ㅠㅠ thank you so much everyone ♡ have a good day, this was a special update for all of you !! i love you all !! ♡