5 | cafe

[I HAVENT UPDATED THIS BOOK IN AGES IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN BUSY WITH MY OTHER BOOK ONLINE LOVER BUT I DONT THINK PPL RLLY READ THIS BOOK ANYWAY LMAO]

Sicheng smiled as he looked at Yuta take a big gulp of his frappe. They were at a cafe close to their school since they were released from school early. Luckily, not a lot of people from their school visit this cafe, otherwise everyone would make some rumor about them having a date.
They're obviously not a couple.

'So, what do you think?'
'Hmm?' Sicheng looked at him confusedly. 'What'd you say?'
'Ugh! Why do I even bother talking.' Yuta rested his head on his arms dramatically.
'I-I'm sorry.. I was thinking of something.' Sicheng mumbled.

'Oh! Thinking of what?' Yuta smiled creepily.
'Shut up!' Sicheng's cheeks turned bright pink. 'Don't look at me like that.'
'What is it?' Yuta bend over the small table and looked at him closely. 'Tell me.'
'Yuta, please.' Sicheng pushed his face away. 'It's nothing important.'

'Apparently it's more important than my stories.'
'I'm sorry, okay? Just let go of it.' Sicheng sighed and took a small sip of his oolong tea.
'Oh my god can you tell me already? I'm way too curious now.'
'Wow, you really wanna know huh?' Sicheng shook his head. 'I was thinking of Chittaphon.'

'Oh, the Thai kid. What's up with him?'
'Nothing, it's just that he hangs out a lot with Johnny all of the sudden.'
'Okay, and?'
'Do you think they're dating?'
'I don't fucking know.' Yuta laughed. 'Why would you care? Do you have a crush-'
'-No! I don't have a crush on him.' Sicheng rolled his eyes. 'I'm just worried about him.'
'He can take care of himself just fine.'

'Oh, Yuta!' Someone screamed at the entrance of the cafe.
'God please help.' Yuta painfully looked towards the direction of the voice and face palmed.
A young guy ran towards them, making everyone at the cafe look at him annoyedly.
'Yuta! I haven't seen you in ages!' The guy panted heavily and sat next to him.

'Are you on a date?' He stared at Sicheng.
'We-We're not a couple.' Sicheng smiled.
'Sicheng, this is Mark. Mark, this is Sicheng. Chat away, I'm gonna go use the bathroom.'
'Wait.. What?' Sicheng awkwardly laughed.

'Hello Sicheng! Are you new here?' Mark smiled widely.
'Uh.. Yes, I am. I'm from China.'
'China? That's so cool! I transferred from Canada the same time as Yuta.'

Canada.. Holy shit. Sicheng stared at him. His eyes were massive and round and his face was youthful and cute.
'So, you're friends with Yuta?'
Mark nodded and grinned. 'We basically had no choice since we were both new here.'
'Oh, I get that.' Sicheng sighed relievedly when he saw Yuta walking back towards them.

'Had a fun time chatting?' Yuta faked a smile. 'Well, Sicheng and I have got something to do, so unfortunately we have to go.' Yuta dragged Sicheng with him without saying anything.
'Wait, my tea!' Sicheng pouted.
'Bye Yuta.. And Sicheng.' Mark sighed.

'What the hell was that?' Sicheng pushed Yuta away from him when they left the cafe.
'Mark and I aren't the best of friends.. Not anymore.'
'What? Why? He's so sweet!'
'I don't wanna talk about that, okay?' Yuta scoffed. 'Let's go to your place.'
'M-My place?' Sicheng blushed, earning a nudge from Yuta.
'Damn you Sicheng, can't we just hang out like friends?'

'Oh, hi Yuta!' Sicheng's mom smiled widely. 'Sicheng, could you guys just go to your room? I'm having someone over.'
'Uh.. Sure.' Sicheng slumped up the stairs, followed by Yuta.

'I can't fucking believe she's already started dating other men!' Sicheng angrily said after shutting the door behind him. 'A few weeks ago she was oh so upset about my dad divorcing her, and now..?'
'Chill Sicheng! She's just trying to cope with this.' Yuta put his arm around his waist, startling him.

'Don't..' He swatted Yuta's arm away.
'Jeez! I was just trying to comfort you.'
Sicheng sighed and threw himself onto his bed, pushing his face into his pillow.
'I'm sorry.' Sicheng's voice was muffled by the pillow.
'Sorry about what?'
'That you were here while this happened.'
'It's okay.. I'm glad I got to spend time with you.' Yuta smiled, but Sicheng didn't respond.

He didn't want to fall for Yuta, but it's hard when he is so overprotective of him all the time. It's like he had no choice other than to fall in love with Yuta, even though their school would be outraged if they knew.