Army Of The Night

Chapter Twenty Four: Army Of The Night

The disappearance of the twins had silenced the residents of Kong Studios, and a cold chill riddled up the spines of every individual, simultaneously; stirring up a wave of moans, shivers and murmurs. No one spoke for approximately 30 seconds, and it was becoming colder by the second - what was this?

Abruptly, from the front of Kong Studios, a scream startled the tired, wobbling, bodies. Everyone stayed silent for 5 seconds, until Nate decided to look outside of the window; it was hard to see, exactly, what was out there because of the condensation on the glass, so everyone inside the building evacuated out onto the path, and played inspectors as they searched for the body the scream had come from.

Unfortunately, the fun finished only a minute after the game had started. Annabeth and Edgar were staring out into the foggy distance, with their mouths struck open, and their eyeballs stained black with fear.

Everyone else looked in the direction the siblings were fearing about, and to their shock, a ghost was walking towards them - in an old Victorian outfit - with an army of the living dead clumsily marching behind. To everyone's dismay, more zombies were being summoned to the surface by the rising claws of the ghostly figure, and each one was more stronger than the last, as the fresh bodies were buried closer to Kong Studios.

The mist surrounding the building grew thicker, and it was hard to find your way as darkness falls across the land. The midnight hour is close at hand to worn the public of the ghouls and ghosts, which lurk about in the corners of your room, and hide under your bed, awake at the strike of 12. These creatures crawl in search for blood, to terrorize the neighborhood, and they do not stop until they have found...yours.

The setting reminded Evangeline of a narration she had heard somewhere, she recalled: "And whoever shall be found, Without a soul for getting down, Must stand and face the hounds of Hell, To rot inside a corpse's shell."

The foulest stench's in the air are of the funk forty thousand years of the grizzly ghouls from the buried tombs, beneath Kong Studios, who are closing in to seal their doom.

Gorillaz, Dark Angels and Edgar all step back, but even as they try to stay alive they all attempt to fight. Almira and Theodisa appear and try to stop the ghost from harming their friends and family, but no mere mortal can resist the evil of the night.

"There's no point in trying to stop me, sisters!" The ghostly figured screamed, "You may no longer be mortals, like myself, but I am too strong and powerful for you to harm me in any possible way!"