Eight ~ Quinn

"Quinn? Quinn, love, wake up a minute."

I hear a voice, but I'm in that state of 'I'm awake but not totally' so I can't tell whose it is.

I open my eyes to see ocean blue eyes staring back at me. I smile.

"Hi," I say in a small voice.

"The movie's over," the blue eyes blink and I reach up to brush the blonde pieces of hair away from his eyes. His already rosy cheeks burn brightly.

"Alright, what now?" I question him.

"Would you like a more comfortable place to sleep?" I nod sleepily, closing my eyes.

"Okay," Niall says and I feel one arm slip beneath my back and one in the crooks of my knees. The soft, plush feeling of the couch is gone and soon he's walking. I wrap my arms around his neck to help support myself better.

"Whe-," my words break apart as I yawn, "Where's Evan?"

"Oh, Liam's got 'im."

"Okay."

I feel him walking up the staircase and then about 10 hobbled steps later, he's struggling with the doorknob.

"I can get down," I tell him, but he's already opening the door.

"I've got it," he replies.

"Wow, you're good," I say, giggling.

"Thanks, I've trained long and hard for this," he jokes and I laugh harder.

He sets me on a bed and then switches a bedside lamp on. The walls are plain white and the carpet is white. In fact, the whole room is white. It must be the spare room.

"I, uh, didn't think you'd wanna sleep with me. I mean maybe you do, but I thought you'd be more comfortable. But I wasn't sure so-" I place my hand on his cheek and he stops his rambling.

"It's fine. Actually, it was really nice of you and quite gentleman-like," I say quietly.

"I try." He cracks a smile.

"Oh, wait a second!" He jumps off the bed and runs out of the room. I hear shuffling in the room next door and soon the blondie is back with a handful of clothes. "I didn't think you'd be comfortable so here's some sweats and a sweatshirt."

I smile as he hands me the clothes, "Lemme get dressed and then come back for a minute, 'kay?" He nods and leaves, shutting the door.

I remove the straps of the overall shorts and push them to the floor; my shirt following. I pull the sweatshirt over my head and slip my arms through the long sleeves. After I put the sweatpants on and roll the waist a bit, I fix my falling-out-bun.

"Niall," I call and he opens the door, smiling at me.

"Thanks," I open my arms and he hugs me tightly, his chin resting on my head.

"Anytime," he pulls back and looks into my eyes, "And by the way, you look cute." I blush as he bops my nose with his finger.

I stand on my tiptoes and pull his face closer. I plant a gentle kiss on his soft cheek, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Q." He pats my bun.

"Q?" I ask as I put my hands on my head.

"Oh, sorry. It slipped."

"S'all right," I reply quaintly.

"Alright, see you in the mornin'?" He asks, rubbing the nape of his neck.

I nod and hug him again before laying down in the bed.

"Night," he says as he shuts the door.

I hum and pull the covers up, closing my eyes.