Chapter 29

Another week of school passed, the weekend is upon us once more. Beau says he wants to go see a few of his friends. He says their kind of special, but he won't tell me in which way. I'm guessing their witches or wizards, cause I know all of Beau's friends in school. His friends have accepted me as Beau's girlfriend, but Crystal still hasn't. She still has the need to make fun of me and such.

I finally got out of my cast, and have a boot. I can walk on it, and it isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I still can't run, but that was expected.

As I make lunch for Beau and I, I try to get him to tell me about his friends.

"What are their names," I ask, knowing he'll know who I'm talking about.

"You'll know when we get there." Beau replied from the living room.

I sigh, and finish making lunch, just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Once I set them on the table, I sit down. Beau comes and sits across from me. Slowly picking up my sandwich, I look at Beau. He's looking at me strangely, and I just look back at him. I tilt my head as if to say 'what?' and he chuckles.

"You're staring at me, Lily." Beau said, still laughing.

"You are looking at me as if I have three heads. What's up?"

"Nothing, just wondering if you'll like my friends. I'm sure you will, I'm just curious. They can be- nope, can't say that!"

"You are killing me! When are we going to see them?"

"Tomorrow morning, first thing."

"Okay." And I just go back to eating my sandwich. Beau takes a bite, and then another. In just three bites his sandwich is gone, and I'm laughing hysterically.

After lunch, Beau and I go to the backyard to train. I've been working on keeping control over my powers when I'm mad, and it seems to work so far. I have gotten mad, several times. All having to do with one person, Crystal. She gets on my nerves so easily, and she knows it. I wish I could just show her my flame, scare her senseless. But Beau says I could expose everything I'm fighting for to everyone, which would probably get me killed. He sounded way too serious when he said it, I believed every bit of it.

Once we got to the backyard, Beau and I readied our stances once again. He's getting better, which is good. I've also been training myself to use my powers with my mind, like Beau. I admit I'm not too good yet, but I'm getting better. I looked at Beau, he had his hands up by his lower ribs this time. I, however, leave my hands hovering at my waist. My fingers fluttering like the wings of a butterfly.

With just a slight movement of Beau's hands, water swirls around me, encasing me. But, with just one thought, the water all seeps into the ground. Another thought sends a gust of wind towards Beau, but he was somehow expecting this. He laughed, and brought his hand up. The wind immediately went up and disappeared into the noon sky.

"Enough thoughts, I know what's coming anyway," Beau laughs again.

"Fine," I say sternly, bringing my hand up to my ribs like Beau.

With a small flick of my pointer finger, I knock Beau off his feet with a gust of wind. This time, he didn't see it. Beau made a vine creep up behind me, grabbing my ankle. It pulled me down, right into the mud where the water seeped in moments ago. Obviously, I got mad. I quickly got up and grabbed some of the mud, throwing it at Beau, quickly making water come up from the ground beneath him. I used the water to pull him down and then let the water seep back into the ground. Now he was the one in mud. I held him down with a strong gust of wind, and he couldn't move.

When I felt he had enough of a mud bath, I let the air disperse. Beau got up laughing, which only made me laugh too. While my guard was down, Beau used this as his advantage. He made a huge gust of wind and forced me into the air. He then used fire and surrounded me with it. I thought Beau knew fire doesn't bother me, but I guess he forgot. He put me back on the ground, the fire making a dome around and above me. Like I said, fire doesn't bother me. I just walked right through the fire, my own teal flame in my hands as emerge from the flames. Beau looks slightly surprised, and I just smirk. I look at my flame menacingly (this seems to be a signature move or something) and let it go red. I throw it this time, and it bursts right in front of Beau. I forgot fire burns him, and he falls to the ground. I run over to him, immediately absorbing my fire once more. I quickly make a ring of fire around him, and heal him. The tears flowing from his eyes cease, and he stands back up.