Santa Claus

Ottawa City, Canada ; 11:00PM

"Do you believe in christmas?" Leila murmured to Alex as she reads a book about Santa Claus.

Alex burst in laugh. "Isn't that the reason why we celebrate christmas every midnight of December 24?"

"So, you do believe in Santa Claus? I think he's really opposite the way we think about him." Leila said sarcastically. The five teenagers laughed at Leila.

They are recently having their Christmas party at Alex' house and then Leila grabbed a book from the bookshelves, found out that it's a book about Santa Claus. The book described Santa Claus really nice. It said that Santa Claus is very nice with his white long beard,round tummy,cute old face and clothes overflowing with color red. The book also said that he have his own sleigh with tons of reindeers that could fly way high and at the back of the sleigh, you can see a big red sack of presents.

"Why did you say so?" Clair asked stopping herself to laugh. Who the hell would say something like that about Santa Claus? Since we're preschoolers, everyone will say nice things about Santa Claus and we even get excited every midnight expecting a gift from Santa Claus.

"Would you believe me if I said I saw him once killing my uncle?" everyone laughed at Leila. That's impossible! If she saw Santa killing his uncle, then she's supposed to be dead right now.

Clair stood up and pat Leila's head. "I know your uncle's death became a misery for you. Please, don't kill the spirit of christmas Leila." Clair fixed her circle spectacles and walked to the kitchen.

"Leilaaaaaaa." Lawrence hugged Leila and rubbed his face to hers. "Please don't be sad! We're here for youuu!!"

Everyone knows that Leila's only uncle and relative died in the day of Christmas. Starting that day, Leila's life became a misery. And also starting that day, she never believed in Christmas. That's the reason why Alex,Clair,Lawrence,Ahlia and Arthur throw a christmas party for her.

The Christmas Party started with chicken and beer,loud sounds and lively chattering. Leila knows everyone isn't really concern about her. They are liars. They are fake.

11:59PM; Everyone gathered in the balcony for the countdown to Christmas. When the clock turned to 12:00PM everyone shouted and toasted their wines through the air. "Merry Christmas!" "Let's have a nice new year too!" murmurs scattered everywhere as they sing different christmas songs. They went back inside to start the feast. The party ended at exactly 12:50PM. Everyone decided to sleep at Alex' place since his parents will go home tomorrow.

Little did they know, that the night will be dashing with blood.

Alex jerked out of sleep when he felt a cold ambiance through his skin. He decided to get a glass of water when he saw a shadow near the christmas tree. He thought "Maybe, that's one of my friends." He slowly walked to the Christmas tree but he hasn't seen any single silhouette. He shrugged and laughed at himself. "ludicrous."

"Alex?" Alex turned around finding out that it's Clair. "Why are you still awake?" she asked.

Alex smiled and intertwined his fingers to Clair's. "I knew it. You miss me already?" he smirked. Clair laugh sarcastically while removing her fingers to his.

"Cut your bullshit act off." she rolled her eyes. "This party ends boring,Alex. I thought we'll do something?"

"C'mon! The party is just starting,Clair!" Alex wiggles his eyebrows. They are talking about 'something' that all of them know except Leila.

"We should wake up Lawrence,Arthur and Ahlia." Clair said as she take her steps back to the guest room to wake up the other three.

And so Alex also continued his plan to drink a glass of water. As he sip the last drop the dim lights died and he accidentally broke the glass. "Shit!" He started groping the floor to pick the pieces but his fingers began bleeding.