Chapter Four: Phantom King

By the next morning all the sky to the north had darkened and the saturated terrain had turned a neuter grey as far as the eye could see

By the next morning all the sky to the north had darkened and the saturated terrain had turned a neuter grey as far as the eye could see. People wandered along the wreckage like ghosts, empty husks of what they once were, cleaning the debris off the oceans shore.

Camille had been lending her assistance but there was little she could do to help their emotional states. Half of the town had lost everything they valued most, and there was nothing that could erase that... not even a new beginning.

She shivered to think of what could have happened if Aquaman hadn't been there. He may not have saved the entire town, but he prevented any more hardship for them. In some small way, she could sense that the townsfolk knew this and that only made it even more difficult to keep silent about it.

"Uh... excuse me?" A voice interrupted as Camille threw the last of the wooden wreckage into the back of a large truck.

The woman turned, wiping the sweat off her brow before jumping back down to the ground. "What can I do for you?"

The man looked a little uneasy, he was wearing a uniform that he obviously found extremely uncomfortable and was constantly fidgeting. It was like he was having trouble staying still. "I'm...umm...Barry Allen, Central City PD."

Camille raised a dark eyebrow at him and the man, at first, didn't seem to know what she was waiting for. Then it hit him all at one and the boy stumbled for his pocket. Finally, he brought out his wallet and flipped it open to reveal his identification...as well as his credit cards as they went flying from the force in which he had flipped it.

"Damn it!" Barry said in a slight panic, rushing to pick up all of his dropped possessions. "It looks so much cooler in the movies."

"Everything looks cooler in movies." Camille said with a stifled laugh. She took out her own identification, that was simply clipped to her belt, as she introduced herself " Officer Hanson. Welcome to the neighbourhood. What brings you here? I'm a little busy at the moment."

Barry, having at last sorted all of his cards back into his wallet, tucked it away and flashed his most convincing smile her way. "Well...."

Camille's brow furrowed. "Don't tell me you're here about the tsunami."

"Okay, I won't tell you that." Barry said sheepishly. "But I am though."

Camille stomped her foot in a slightly stubborn nature and crossed her arms over her chest. "What the hell are you doing down here? This is a disaster zone, not a crime scene."

Barry quickly replied. "I'm sure you know that tsunamis don't just happen; they're caused. Problem is that the cause doesn't exist for this here incident."

"And you found some lead that brought you here?" Camille responded, voice wavering with uncertainty.

Barry finally nodded and this time reached into the opposite pocket. He pulled out a picture and handed it over to her. She instantly recognised the man but she couldn't comprehend how a random scientist had procured such a clear photo.