Chapter 25

*Angel's POV*

"Ok so it's now my turn."- sabi ni Gail at inilapag yung hawak na document sa lamesa.

Tinignan ko naman iyon at isang acknowledged resume and achievements for his work yung document. Owned by an attorney.

Tinignan naman iyon nung dalawa.

"Atty. Jiego Roy Tañeza?"- Abby recited his name.

"Ahhh ito ba yung lalaki kanina na nasa naganap na crime scene ni Mr. Britz at Sa-hmmm yung lalaking nakasuit and nakabriefcase."- excited na sabi ni Alliah.

"Yes. This attorney is my suspect. I will just make this short. I saw this man earlier just like what Alliah said nasa crime scene siya kanina and palinga-linga na parang nagoobserve. And he is rumored for being a 'kabit' of Mrs. Britz. And also a day before Mrs. Britz died, they are seen to be arguing about something."- salaysay ni Gail.

Just like what the gardener told me.

"Base from his acknowledged resume and achievements from his work, he is a committed attorney. Intelligent, good on organizing things, and he is one of the most acknowledged attorney here in our country and he really loves his profession. If you heard this information about him, you can't think that he is one of the suspect of murder. But according to our investigators, Mrs. Britz have a huge debt to Atty. Tañeza. They said it is approximately 2million pesos."- dagdag niya.

"Whaaaattt?"- gulat na tanong ni Abby.

"Ehh sa pagkakaalam ko mayaman naman sila and ang dami nilang properties. Kung titignan mo mas mayaman pa family ni Mrs. Britz sa attorney'ng yan."- sabi naman ni Alliah.

"That's the reason why."- sabi ni Gail atsaka siya tumingin sa akin.

"Whaaattt?"- litong tanong na naman ni Abby.

"Mrs. Britz comes from a poor family. Mr. Britz is the one that is rich and not Mrs. Britz. And that time the husband and wife is not okay with each other. Mr. Britz is mad at his wife because he caught those two making out. That's wh-"

Hindi ko naipagpatuloy ang sasabihin ko nang sumigaw si Abby.

"WHAAAATTTT? THE HELL IS THAT!!!"- sigaw niya at napatayo pa.

Tinignan naman siya ng masama ni Gail kaya napaupo siya.

"S-sorry."- sabi ni Abby habang kinakamot pa yung ulo niya.

Hindi ko na lang iyon pinansin.

"That's when Mrs. Britz decided to leave and go to other country together with her daughter."- tuloy ko.

"Mrs. Britz wants to start over again with her daughter in other country kaya siya umutang ng malaki sa Attorney.  But sad to say, nung sinabi niya iyon sa anak niya isinumbong niya ito sa Daddy niya at doon na nagsimula ang away nilang mag-asawa."- patuloy ni Gail sa sinasabi ko.

Tsk.

"Ehh paano na yung pera?"- tanong ni Alliah.

"Mrs. Britz put it somewhere na walang nakakaalam incase magbago ang isip ng anak niya at sumama sa kanya sa ibang bansa. And the attorney is now looking for his money because he is dismissed from his work because someone reported for High Charging. Masyadong malaki ang singil niya sa mga client niya. He is a private attorney."- sagot ni Gail.

"And who reported him?"- tanong ni Abby but I know she already have someone in her mind. We all have.

"Mrs. Britz."- sabay na sabi ni Abby at Alliah.

Napabuntong hininga naman si Gail.

"We all know that Atty. Tañeza loves his profession, he loves being an attorney. Nalaman ni Atty. Tañeza kung sino ang nagreport sa kanya the day when Mrs. Britz died."- sabi ni Gail at bahagyang ginulo yung buhok niya.

Napatahimik naman kaming lahat.

*kriiingggg*

My phone is ringing.

Napatingin kaming lahat sa phone ko for the second time.

I hope that it's not that jerk.

I checked my phone. It was senior. I immediately receive senior's call. I put it on speaker saka ko ibinaba sa lamesa upang marinig naming lahat.

"Senio-"

"The result of the autopsy of Mrs. Britz' body is out. I already sent you the result. Go to our headquarters after you finalised your suspects. I'm out."- sabi ni senior sa kabilang linya saka niya pinutol ang tawag.

Dumiretso na ako sa computer namin dito. At binuksan ang mail box at inopen yung document ng result ng autopsy.

Binasa ko ito.

.........

"Mrs. Britz was poisoned."- sabi ko.

As what we've expected. No physical injury so it was a chemical injury. Poison.

"Is the scientist the culprit?"- tanong ni Abby atsaka sila nagtinginan.

There is just one thing that I know, we all know. The culprit used poison in murdering Mrs. Britz. That's just it. And we don't know who did it. Is it Mrs. Reyes who is a longtime friend of Mrs. Britz? Is it the scientist that is believed to be an acquaintance of Mrs. Britz that is also the owner and creator of the poison which is not yet confirmed if it is really the poison that killed Mrs. Britz? Is it the attorney that is a concubine of Mrs. Britz, the one that Mrs. Britz have a huge debt and also reported him to be High charging of money to her clients? Or is it Mrs. Britz' daughter that kept the key of her mother's room and not participating in the investigation for the murderer of her mother?

We can't be sure of anything. We still need more information. We still need to hear the statements of our suspects.

"We need to go now to the headquarters. Senior is waiting. Come on."- sabi ko atsaka kami naghanda.

.........