Chapter 3: Flaws and All

Joanna's POV

ONE MONTH HAS PASSED since the first day of school, and other than the occasional glares Tony and I exchange whenever we cross paths, our two groups of friends managed to tolerate each other and maybe even exchange pleasantries on the good days.

I shook my head, vaguely remembering a teacher talking about a test scheduled for today.

I started walking through the hallway, I noticed a low buzz among the groups of students huddled together and muttered quietly.

"What's are they buzzing about?" someone whispered in my ear, completely startling me.

"Holy shit!" I jumped, ready to attack the intruder invading my personal space.
Only the intruder turned out to be a buffoon named Tony.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hissed.

"Hey, watch it with the feisty attitude before you damage something."

"Oh sorry, your high and ugliness, I didn't see you there because of your dumbness," I clarified sarcastically with a smirk.

"What the –" he trailed off in shock. "Bitch, how can you call this ugly and dumb? Tell me are you blind or something? Can't you see how my skin is glowing? Oh, wait, maybe you are blind."

"Are you deaf?" I grimaced. "Didn't you hear me call you ugly and dumb, dude? I suggest you visit your ear doctor because I can tell you need it."

"All of my body organs are in good functioning order!" Tony shrieked incredulously.

"They are not!"

"They are!"

"I said are not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Hey, hey calm down, you love birds," Harmony interrupted impatiently. "I've been standing here for a while now. And despite the fact you both didn't notice me, my eardrums are about to explode. So shut the hell up before I do something drastic!"

Tony and I whipped our heads in his direction so fast I was surprised we didn't crack our necks.

"What did you say? And when did you get here?" I asked disgustedly.

"Love birds?" Tony repeated, giving me a weird look. "You didn't tell me you were into me."

"Oh please," I scoffed. "You? No way."

"How the hell can you not be into this exceptional advertisement of manliness?"
He dramatically swept an arm up and down his fine body.

"I'm currently seeing a cockroach standing," I smirked, tossing him a challenging look.

"Argh! Quit it, you two! I said my eardrums are about to explode," Harmony screeched again only louder before slapping both of us upside the head.

"Ouch!" Tony and I yelped in unison as we both rubbed the stinging spot on the back of our heads.
The synchronization thing with Tony was starting to weird me out.

"What's the buzz about?" Harmony asked, glancing around the hallway and noticing groups of students whispering among themselves."

"Who's the new girl?" A whisper shot out from one group.

"I heard she was popular in her former school."

"I also heard she's hot." A male voice boasted.

"Feisty and troublesome too," another guy added with a chuckle.