41. "go back to sleep"

She felt herself stir as a flutter of gentle kisses made their way up her bare shoulders towards the dip of her neck, followed by soft fingers trailing after.

Her lips stretched into a sleepy smile as she snugged back further into Ethan, who pushed his face into her neck and grinned.

"Hey," he whispered, voice laced with sleep and adoration.

"Hi."

The two of them glanced at each other, catching eyes as Ethan leaned up slightly to get a better look. Memories of last night flittered through her head, hands and lips and giggles and gasps.

"Hey," he suddenly said, sitting up and the covers falling from his chest, the morning light filtering through her curtains, "go back to sleep. I'm gonna do something."

"What's the something?"

He slid out from the covers entirely, jumping about the room for clothes from the night before, tugging up his jeans before sheepishly turning back to her, "any idea where I left my shirt?"

Alice felt her cheeks burn as she buried her face back into her pillow, "somewhere on the stairs probably."

He let out a short nervous laugh, butterflies erupting in her stomach at the sound, before he left the room hurriedly. After a few minutes, she curiously pulled herself out of the covers, piling up her dress that was strewn across the floor and changing into fresh pyjamas.

She followed her way downstairs, smelling eggs and possibly bacon sizzling and she leaned into the kitchen to see Ethan slightly dancing and mouthing some kind of song to himself as she cooked, wearing her apron.

"Ethan? Were you going to make breakfast in bed?"

He jumped at the sound of her voice and turned slightly, spatula in hand, "well, yeah."

She felt herself let out a snort, "you're such a dork."

"Well excuse me, breakfast in bed is very romantic I'll have you know."

Her lips tugged into a shy smile, "and you're the king of romance are you?"

"I can be romantic! I brought you flowers!"

"I'm not disagreeing with you," she giggled and his eyes lit up at the sound as he piled up a plate with the breakfast.

He laid it out before her, "bone apple teeth. I hope you don't mind that I made more washing up."

She shook her head, suddenly aware of the bed head she must be sporting, "it's ok, my roommate promised to do all the cleaning to make up for ditching me for a week."

"If anything I'm glad they weren't here." Ethan grinned, causing Alice to mirror him, cheeks glowing. His look suddenly grew serious, "hey, I thought about what you said, after, you know. And I've figured out my answer. I want you to be mine."

She paused, eyes flicking up to meet his, "that was your answer last night too."

"I mean, really mine. I want to, call you mine. To everyone. If that's ok?" She left a beat of silence too long and he babbled, "or not, if I've overstepped. I just don't want this to be only a fling or something we just throw away, I really care about you and I understand if I'm moving too fast or-" she cut him off again with her lips meeting his across the table.

"I want you to be mine Ethan." her voice was soft, her eyes watching him break into a wider grin, his own eyes sparkling, hand gently caressing her cheek.

"So I can call you my girlfriend?"

She smiled, pressing another kiss into him, "as long as you're my boyfriend."

"You're leaning in your eggs by the way," he mumbled as her lips covered his again.

"Shut up," she smiled into the kiss, as his hands found her waist and pulled her around the edge of the table.