Chapter Four

Weeks passed and it was the eve of Lilith and Iris's forth week when the firsdt storm of the year hit. The air was electrified.

Both girls had been unsettled all day, only now settling down into their parents arms. That's when it happened. When the first bolt of lightning lit up the sky and room the girls eyes sprung open and their laughter filled the air as they looked up to their startled parents. Then realisation and worry set in. it's only been 4 weeks, not yet the standard 6. Even as Alpha children it has not been heard of that a child has opened their eyes till their 6th week.

Straight away Alpha Xavier sprung into alert and mindlinked the elders, asking for urgent assistance.

Within 5 minutes there stood the five elders. Waiting on edge for what was about to come, what they for sure was going to be a difficult thing to help for the alpha almost never calls for help, especially not like this, not the middle of the night.

The elders were made up of the Xavier's Grandparents, their Beta and Beta female, and their Gamma and Gamma female. However elder Beta female was passed away last year in her sleep, leaving the five to assist the pack without her when the new hierarchy needed them. Of course that meant that Xavier;s grandparents were standing their waiting to know that had caused such panic in the young couple resulting in the distress call at this hour.

After they were let in their questions were answered , the little girls, the talk of the pack since they were born only 4 short weeks ago, were looking up at them with wide eyed open, both purple which is rare, but not so uncommon from an alpha bloodline, but both? That was even rarer, almost unheard of for two females within the same bloodline to be spirit wielders.

As the adults settled down to discuss the issue at hand the boys were awakened from the rucis downstairs and came down to investigate. When they saw the two girls on the ground they all rushed to play, and smiled when they saw their eyes were already open as it meant they could finally really play.

As they were playing and laughing suddenly it became silent as another bolt of lightning lit up the room and the girls looked at each other. Their eyes slowly turning white, the boys terrified of what this could mean for their baby sisters paled and cried for their parents.

Xavier and Genevieve ran with all their might to the boys screaming in the lounge with the Elders trailing in behind them on their tails. However as soon as they saw that the girls eyes were now white the blood drained from their faces and they too feared the lives of their daughters, for they had never heard of anything like this happening before. They looked back to the Elders once they grabbed the girls between the two of them, sparing another look into their daughters strange white eyes they frantically looked towards the Elders searching for any answer they could possibly be given about their condition.

"What's happening?!?! What's happening to them?! They had purple eyes! Tell us, what do we do!?" Genevieve cried as she crumbled to the floor, he calm and wise nature dissipating under the weight of the worse outcomes plaguing her mind of what would come her of babies, only 4 weeks old and already under threat.

As Xavier watched his wife, a spirit wielder crumble, a woman so calm and thought out movements, he couldn't hold himself together as he too had tears running down his face as he looked at Lilith watching her giggle up and look at him, she put her hand on his jaw and he saw the girls at 5 running through the flowers their blonde hair like his with purple the colour of their mothers hair highlighting it. Then as he felt her hand be removed he saw everyone looking at him in bewilderment and yet, he still had his attention turned to his baby as she tried to get back to Iris.

He slowly placed her on the floor next to Genevieve and she did the same with Iris so the girls could once again touch as they had found within the last 4 weeks that the girls were calmer when they were able to touch.

"When Lilith placed her hand on my jaw...I think...I think I saw them at about 5...they were in the flower garden out back...her eyes, both my girls had white eyes still! Yet they could see..." Xavier ranted while his wife at him as though contemplating if he had lost it.

"Grandpa please tell me you know what this is....?' Xavier begged.

"You'll want to sit down for this sweetheart, you both will" his grandmother said gently as she guided him to the couch while his grandpa scooped up Genevieve and placed her beside Xavier where she grabbed his shirt afraid to let go. The Elder Gamma female then went to take the boys upstairs and although Blake and Zander were hesitant and reluctant they begrudgingly got up to leave, however Lucas was not so easy. Growling and standing over his little sisters the 18 month old had power within his growl to fend off the gamma as she wished not to provoke the little Were into becoming territorial and overly possessive of the girls. Soon enough that he calmed down once the girls places their hands on his leg calming him enough to stop growling at the adults.

As it was obvious that he was not going to leave the girls the elders allowed them all to stay for they should know the legend as well, for they will need to know if they were to protect the little girls giggling on the floor looking at them all.