Chapter 30 - [Begin Again]

[[You]]

One whole year has passed for all of us. I have finally found myself a job that lets me put in my creative artworks into the world and Taehyung has found himself working under his father to start out small at his company that seemed to be doing very well. At first, Taehyung obviously refuses the offer, but I convinced him to take his time to think about it. At the end of the day, he told me that he wanted to try it out and so he did.

With the both of us busy with our work and schedules that kept bumping each other, we had less and less time together.

Dates that used to be every 2 days turned into twice a week and that eventually turned in once a month. Of course, I would sometimes come by his place to still cook him food, but recently, he has been coming home really late and sometimes not come home at all.

Today, we promised each other to have dinner together for our 5th year anniversary. I never really cared about these kinds of events neither do Taehyung. But I miss spending our nights together. I barely see him nor talk to him these days.

I dress up a little more than I usually do tonight. Wearing my silver satin dress that highlights my figure perfectly, pairing them with my white 3-inch open toed heels.

I took a long glance at myself in the mirror, fingering the silver necklace that Taehyung gave me 5 years ago, "Sojin did great in choosing this dress." I whisper to myself before grabbing my black sling bag and head to the door.

"Damn, noona where are you going looking like that?" My brother Dong chil examine me from head to toe with a look full of judgment. I give him a wide grin, "Unlike you, your sister is going on a date!" I run my fingers under his chin before squeezing and tugging the lump of fat on his cheeks. He scoffs, slapping my arms away, "I'm surprised Taehyung hyung is still dating a weirdo like you," Dong chil said, with a pout on his face and I head over the door. "Well tell mom I'm heading out," I say with a smile before heading out.

Texting Taehyung first thing after I got in a taxi. Taehyung has been working late nights and I figured that choosing a restaurant near his office would be convenient for him at least. After about 20 minutes, I have arrived at the Italian restaurant, tipping the driver before getting off. Feeling my mouth forming into a smile at the thought of seeing Taehyung tonight.

Walking into the restaurant full of people, I was immediately greeted by the waitress. "For how many people today?" she asks with a polite smile.

I return her gesture, "I actually made a reservation."

"Okay, is your party all present?" She asks. "Oh um, he will be here soon," I tell her while glancing down at my phone to see if Taehyung had texted me back, but he hasn't.

"I will give you about 15 minutes. Is that okay miss?"

I bit my lip, "Yes of course," with that, the waitress gave me a nod and I walk out give Taehyung a call. He didn't forget about our date today, did he? Since it has had happened before.

Worry started to grow inside the pit of my stomach when my call was led to his voicemail. I texted him, which looked like spam right at this point, but if he is not here within 15 minutes, the reservation will be given to other people who have been waiting in line for hours.

I let out a sigh and decide to wait 10 more minutes before giving him another call. Again it led me to his voicemail, I press the red button to end the call when suddenly my phone screen lit up, showing Taehyung's picture. Thank god My lips curl into a smile as I pick the call.

"Y/n baby! You have no idea what happened today!"

Huh? I could hear the loud cheering noises coming from the background.