Chapter 34 - [ Ripples ]

Taking a minor break from that angst

Ripples; to flow in small waves

_______________________________

[[You]]

The both of us arrived back and the car ride home was awfully quiet. Taehyung's phone kept vibrating but it stopped after the 4th. I know all of this seems very unfair to him, but I know what I heard when I answered that call and I am scared. Would I be enough to make him stay? He left me the last time Sara ask him to.

I sat down on the couch, turning on the TV for an interesting channel to watch. "Babe, so what do you think about your boss?" Taehyung sits down beside me and pulls me into his arms. It's a small gesture that eventually became a habit, but I still get those butterflies everytime he does it.

"My boss? I think he's cool," I stare at the TV, glad that Taehyung didn't bring up about what happened in the car.

"I don't like him," He says and I can tell he's pouting without even looking at his face. When I was quiet, Taehyung continues, "I see the way he looks at you yesterday and I don't like it."

"You're just seeing things babe," I reply, knowing how gross it would be to fall for my own boss. I mean, he is good looking I'll give him that, but my heart already belongs to this man right here.

"At least now he knows that you belong to me," he tightens his arms around my middle and I could feel myself falling asleep. Suddenly I woke up from the muffled talking coming from the Taehyung's bedroom. "Taehyung?" I call out but my voice does not seem to come out. I slowly stood up from the couch to find Taehyung. I try once again to call out toe Taehyung, but I couldn't. Clenching my fists, I walk towards Taehyung's bedroom and opened it.

My heart immediately fell to the floor when I see Sara on Taehyung's bed. The both of them naked and fucking. I stare at them wide-eyed, screaming and crying, trying to let Taehyung know I am here, yet nothing comes out of my mouth. Just then, Sara's half-lidded eyes met mine, her gaze filled with lust and mockery.

"NO!" I sit up finding myself back at Taehyung's bed, my eyes wide filled with tears, accompanied by frantic breathing and beads of sweat running down my face. I look beside me and there he is. He must have heard my scream when he stirs in his sleep, "Hmm... Y/n?" He noticed my chest heaving and slowly sits up, flicking the bedside lamp on. "Babe? what's wrong?" Taehyung grabs my shoulders, studying my face with concern and I fall into his chest, weeping from the horrible nightmare.

"Sshh... It's okay, it's all just a dream, I'm here," He rubs my back in circles, assuring me. When I finally calm down, we both lay back down on the bed with Taehyung still rubbing small circles on hand. I reach my other hand out to softly caress Taehyung's features, starting out from his eyes, then his nose and then to his lips. Taehyung smiles with his eyes shut and I lean in to give him a small kiss on his lips. "I love you," I tell him and he flicks his eyes open to look into my eyes. "I love you too."

*****

Woken up by the sun shining brightly into my eyes, I smile to myself when Taehyung's arms are still wrapped around me. "Wake up baby," I whisper and he groans before his breathing evens again. "I need to go to work," I whisper again and he pulls me tighter around him. "Tell your boss you can't go today," He mutters under his breath and I went to give him a kiss on the forehead before pushing myself from his embrace to get ready. I went to his bathroom to brush and wash my face. Coming out, I open Taehyung's closet and pull out a light brown hoodie that now belongs to me.

"Can I come by again today?" Taehyung asks, his voice deep and husky from sleep. "Don't you have your own work to do Tae?" I ask him as I apply some makeup onto my face.