Chapter 3- Mystery Girl?

The school year was almost over and that meant Prom was coming up. 

I waited in the gym for Sierra because she had cheer practice. When practice was over, we began talking about prom. Sierra was allowed to go because she was really smart and was head of the prom committee.

"So Geny, who are you going to prom with?" she says as she's packing her things.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll go solo."

"Well I want to go with Grant, but I think he already has a date."

Sierra has had a crush on Grant since they were in middle school. Luckily, Grant was one of my best guy friends and he didn't have a prom date. I wanted to surprise Sierra and ask Grant to ask her to be his date. 

 The next day, Jacob was really excited! 

"Why are you so excited Jacob?"

"I'm going to sing a little something special," he says smiling."I'm going to sing it to her at prom."

I was wondering who this girl was. Was it someone I knew? Who was this special girl? I didn't know what to think. I was kind of jealous because Jacob told me everything, but not this time and i really wanted to find out who she was. I tried keeping calm and tried to mind my own business.

The next day, i didn't know what to think. i couldn't forget what Jacob told me. At lunch, i was going to talk to Sierra about him.

"Hey Sierra, can i tell you something?"

"Of course! I'm your best friend and we could tell each other anything!"

"Okay but you have to promise not to tell this person. Okay, well i have a crush on your brother..." i say shyly.

"I knew it! I knew you liked my brother!"

We had a long conversation about this and i was just dying to ask her if she knew who he was talking about when he said he was writing a song for a girl. I asked her and she said no. I got upset, but i guess it really didn't matter.

We went home and 30 minutes later Sierra texts me that Jacob got a date to prom!

"OMG! Who is it?!? Who did he ask?"

"Well, Mahogany was the one who asked him not the other way around."

Mahogany was one of the prettiest and popular girls in school. Everyone liked her because she was super nice! I was jealous of her, but that didn't mean i hated her. She was one of my good friends that i loved and nothing would change that!