0.3

diana

diana called mr

diana called mr. leblanc to see if he could move her flight. she couldn't stand all this confusion. she needed time to get away and think.

"of course, darling! your flight is at 7!

she smiled. mr.leblanc was so generous.

she took a taxi to the airport and by the time she arrived, it was 6:30. the plane had just begun boarding when she pulled her suitcase up to her gate. she handed them her ticket and walked to her seat. as soon as she sat down, she closed her eyes. she was just so tired.

———————————

when she got back home, diana threw her apartment keys on the counter. she was so frustrated and confused. how is this possible? and why did she shut him out when all she's wanted for the longest time was him to be alive?

steve's death changed her.
she used to believe. in love. in humanity. in herself.

all she wanted was to go back, do things differently. she told herself he'd call.

right?

——————-
steve

steve was confused

steve was confused. he stared blankly at the beautiful woman as she handed him her business card. as she walked away, steve couldn't help but smile. she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, and yet, she seemed so familiar. with her, he felt at home. and even if he didn't know her, he was intrigued.

he decided to give her some space. she obviously was distracted, or she had something going on.

——————

weeks passed.

"give her space." he kept telling himself.

"ah, screw it." he couldn't wait any longer to see her beautiful smile. he took down the business card from his fridge and called.

ring.

ring.

ring.

"bonjour, madame diana's phone! who iz this?"

"uh... hi. i'm steve trevor, we met while she was in london."

"ahh! steve... so this iz the guy she's been talking about!"

steve couldn't help blushing. "she, uh, she talks about me?"

"of course! can i help you?"

"can i speak to diana?"

"i don't think that's a good idea... madame diana hasn't been in a happy mood. she's been... distant since she came back from london."

steve frowned. "oh."

————————————-

diana

diana put the finishing touches on the statue

diana put the finishing touches on the statue. she sighed. steve was all she could think about since she came back from london. she grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

crossing the street, she kept her head lowered. suddenly she felt a pair of strong arms push her to the side.

diana furrowed her eyebrows and shook out of their grip. "what the f-?" she turned around and stopped in her tracks.

it was steve.

diana thought she was hallucinating.

"hey, be careful. you were about to get hit by a car." he looked concerned.

"even if it did hit me, the car would be the one to get hurt." she walked past him and turned around. "what are you doing here?" she asked, opening the door to her apartment building. she tried to shut the door behind her, but steve stopped it with his hand.

"i came to talk." steve explained.

"about what?" she pretended not to know about the countless amount of things she wanted to tell him. but she wasn't sure if she was ready.

"about how you seem to know who i am, and even though i haven't seen you in my entire life, you seem familiar. the good kind of familiar." he grinned.

diana felt like he was flirting. she quickly looked down at his ring finger to see if he was married. no sign. phew.

"tell you what. before i tell you anything. you can stay here, sleep on the couch. we'll get to know each other, and then, maybe i'll tell you."

although her tough exterior hid it, she was scared. really scared. i mean, wouldn't you be if the dead love of your life was in your apartment after over 50 years? she was scared of opening up, since she hadn't done so in so long. she was scared that he didn't know who she was. and that broke her heart.

"sounds like a plan. i just need to make a few phone calls for my shop." steve took out his phone and dialled. "is there anywhere private i can go?"

"yes. you can use the guest room." diana pointed out.

"there's a guest room and you're making me sleep on the couch? sounds totally fair." steve laughed and began to walk away.

"you got to earn it!" diana chuckled.

her heart was beating a mile a minute. she wasn't sure whether to tell them about their adventures and romance. what if he thought she was crazy? she didn't want to drive him out of her life. again.

"i'm back." steve grinned, shoving his phone back in his pocket. "so, lets get to know each other."

she extended her hand and laughed. "im pri- diana. diana prince." she smiled, reminiscing.

"hello diana, im steve. steve trevor." he accepted the hand and shook it.

"nice to meet you."

————————————-
this story is trash but i don't wanna end it off or just abandon it bc it has promise but i still have to think of some plot twists, ideas, explanations, etc. like how is current steve trevor related to past steve trevor. reincarnation? family connection? idk, guess you'll have to find out ;)