CHAPTER THREE

“’See you later, alligator?’” Jordan read my phone’s wallpaper. “Last I heard this, we were watching a movie called “It.” I don’t even know how old that movie was,”

                “It has a cute rhyme!” I protested.

Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Ah

Ting Tang

Walla Walla Bing Bang

Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Ah

Ting Tang

Walla Walla Bing Bang

“You’re seriously listening to this?” Jordan said as he browsed through my phone’s music.

“It helps me through the bad times!” I said, snatching my phone from his hands. “And don’t change the subject. What happened with you and Nica?”

Jordan made a face so foul I almost felt sad. Almost. “To hell with her,” for a guy who stands more than 6 feet tall he sure drinks a lot of milk shake.

“I thought everything was going great?”

“It was, until he ditched me for the Miller guy,” Jordan was still handsome when he scowled. I took a sip on my frappe. I’m not really into stuff like this; I just kind of order what sounds cool. Like double mocha frappuccino. And I do like coffee.  I was supposed to treat Jordan but he paid for mine and his instead. It made me feel more in debt to him, though. He’s too nice for his own good. I wondered why Nica Bermendi or anyone else would ditch Jordan Fletcher a.k.a. co-captain of the basketball team, mvp player, with the hunky guy look and the owner of an expensive car which I do not know the name but my dad was ready to drool over (it looked expensive)for that pervy Blake Miller. It’s like comparing a book to its movie. So many deleted scenes, altered character appearances, personalities and plot. Am I making sense here? Okay, he can be dense at times but, what the hell?!

I snorted. “You seriously let yourself lose to Blake Miller?”

“Well, his big fat wallet was more attractive than I am, I guess.”

“Bugger him. Bugger her.”

He stared at me, mouth slightly parted. “You’ve been reading too much Game of Thrones,”

“And bugger you too!”

“Your phone’s the one who should be buggered,”

“Shut up,” he snatched my phone and played a song

Wanna join me, come and play?

But I might shoot you in your face

Bombs and bullets will do the trick

What we need here is a little bit of panic, oh woah

Do you ever wanna catch me?

Right now I’m feeling ignored

So can you try a little harder?

I’m really getting booooored

“Hey give it back!” I said, standing up and reaching out for my phone while Jinx singed with all her heart. Jordan stood up with a stupid grin, one hand scrolling away while the other held me an arm’s length away from him.

I’ll give you an advice: never wrestle for your phone with a 6-foot-tall, well built guy  in the middle of a café because bad things will happen like people staring at you, embarrassing grunts, awkward positions and eye contacts, reputation gone with all the curse you fired at him, upturned chairs, and, yeah, in short just don’t. My phone rang and, in a startled sort of way, Jordan handed it over and I snatched it away.