Chapter Two

Annabeth

"I have nothing to say to you," Percy looked offended by my remark but quickly spoke.

" I couldn't turn down immortality Annabeth, think, what would you have done if you had the chance?"

I would have refused, I would have stayed with you.

I knew Percy had a point. It was selfish of me to want to chose his path. To want him to stay in the mortal world when imortallity was handed to him.

I could stay with him. We could make it work, he's not like the other god's.

I turned this idea around in my head. In a matter of seconds, I pushed the thought away. Percy may be different, but he can't escape from the fact that I'm not Immortal. I would only be a small dot on his timeline, and I don't want that.

"It doesn't matter what I would have done, they offered it to you and you exepted," I waved my hand twords his godly body trying to make my point, while also trying to keep my eyes trained on his face. " Thats why I didn't want to talk, everything has changed." My hands began to shake, Percy's smile finally drained from his lips.

" I never meant to hurt you, I thought you would understand," Percy walked up to me, his sea green eyes looked into mine. He looked sad almost, almost, regretfull.

Before I could speak again, he kissed me, bringing his hands to my face. I was tempted to push away, but before I could break away from his perfect lips, Percy withdrew. He rested his forehead against mine, our eyes both still closed.

"Goodbye Annabeth," Percy whispered, before disappearing in a cloud of sea mist.

***

It's short but at least I finished the conversation 🙂 I probably won't post for a while because I'm not really committed, plus you know, school and stuff. I'm sorry but I still hope you enjoy the story so far!

-Ahnna