Chapter 1

An annoying monotonous sound filled my room.

I stuck my head above my blanket to search for the cause of the sound. There it was. I didn't remember setting my alarm clock last night? There was no reason to set it, I was done filming and had no interviews today. I was free.

I grabbed under my bed searching for a shoe I left near my bed after coming home really late last night. When I got it I threw it at the beeping alarm clock. The clock fell of the table and hit the ground, its batteries falling out of the poor thing. Luckily for me it did stop beeping. I played some basketball in Highschool I guess that's why I could aim this good.

I fluffed my pillow and plopped my head down on it.

Wait what?

Highschool?

No, no, no ,no, no! Shit, I totally forgot!

''Sweety, are you up yet?'' I heard my father call from the living room.

When I didn't answer he went to my room and knocked on the door.

''Char, are you awake?'' he said standing in the doorpost.

''No, I'm not. Leave me alone.'' I grunted.

''Don't be so childish Charlie, get out of your bed. I made some coffee, maybe that will ease your mood.''

I pulled the blankets over my head and turned around.

''Go away.'' I muttered.

''Nope.'' he simply replied.

I heard his footsteps approach and he pulled the blanket of me, leaving me in my panties and the Minnie Mouse shirt I won in Disneyland last year.

''Hey!'' I protested.

He simply ignored me and practically dragged me out of my bed.

''Alright!'' I finally gave in. ''Let me get some slippers and pants.''

I got my slippers and put my yogapants on. I took a quick pee and followed my dad to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen the aroma of fresh coffee filled my nose. I sniffed the smell up and anxious made my way to the steaming coffee. Yes I am an caffiene addict, a girl has her needs.

I took a sip, burning my tongue on the hot liquid. I spit the coffee back into the mug and quickly walked to the sink to drink some water to cool it down. I heard my dad chuckle from behind me.

''Dad!? Why are you laughing this is not funny!'' I said while I held my tongue between my thumb and index finger.

He laughed even harder when he heard me talking like this. ''Actually it is.''

I gave him a dead look and took my mug to fill it with some new coffee.

I banged the mug on the kitchentable and took a seat across from my dad.

''Come on Charlie, it's just one year. It'll be over before you know.''

''Dad, I don't think you understand. Everybody will be staring at me and making pictures. I'm constantly going to have to be nice and sign things. Why do you want me to go so badly?''

''Because you promised me Charlie.''

''I know I did, but I just wanted to try and live my dream. I never really thought I would become this famous and stuff. I've got money for a lifetime and I already have a career, so there's zero use in me going to school. I'm twenty years old and I will be around kids from 16 or 17, that's just ridiculous dad!''

''Alright then. I didn't want to say it out loud but here it is. Maybe you'll learn something from the real world. I don't want you to turn into some spoiled famous bitch.'' he said.

My mouth fell open.

''What!? Are you serious?! You know I won't turn into some spoiled brat!''

''You already are Charlie! Can't you see? Read what they write about you in some magazines! What you demand to have in your trailer and..''

''You know I can't believe you actually believe all that shit, I thought you would know better.'' I said to him.

''Charlie, come on you know I don't...''

''I'm going to get dressed and leave.''

''You should eat something first.'' he demanded.

''I'll grab something on my way to school.''

I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and blowdried my just cut hair afterwards. I brushed my teeth, applied some make-up and rushed to my room to select an nice outfit. When I was satisfied I left my room and said goodbye to my dad.

I got my car-keys and went outside. Behind the fence were about five paparazzi guys.

What a great start of the first day of school.

I pushed the button to open the fence and went to my car. When I was in front of the paparazzi I rolled my window down. ''Can you move please? I don't want to hit anybody with my car.''

''Charlie, is it true that you are pregnant again?!!'' one of the paparazzi shouted.

''Wow, do I look that fat?!''

''How do you feel about your ex Zac Efron going to Disneyland with Lily Collins!?''

''Lily and Zac are really close friends of mine and they both deserve happiness.'' I answered.

''Are you seeing anyone in particular?!'' another guy shouted.

''That's none of your concern.'' 

I honked and they finally moved away from the fence.

''Thank you!'' I shouted out of my window. 

I quickly got out of my car to close the gate of the fence. As soon as I stepped out of my car a man shoved his camera in my face. 

''Please keep your distance, you make me feel uncomfortable.'' I said to him and he moved away from me. 

I typed the code in, being careful that none of them saw it. God knows what they would do if they had acces to my garden. The gates closed and I just wanted to go back to my car when some random dirty looking Mexican guy gripped my arm. ''You look so hot in that dress.'' he said, licking his lips. The man was around 50. 

I stepped away from him in nausea.

I heard someone gasp. Great.

''OH MY GOD, IT REALLY IS HER!''

''CHARLIE YOUNGBLOOD IS HERE! SHE CAME OUTSIDE!'' the kid yelled to her friend.

Her friend came rushing to us and then she just stared in shock. I really don't understand why people always react this weird on meeting me. I'm just a normal girl.

''Hi.'' I said sweet-tempered.

'''Hi! Can we please have a photo with you?! Oh and maybe you could sign our phonecases or something?!''

''Yeah, sure. Come over here.'' I said.

The girl was so eager to meet me that she hugged me several times.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw another group of kids coming towards us.

I think I am going to be late for my very first day of school.