Chapter 3

I gathered my books and stood up. The girl with the British accent,  whom got my back earlier walked past my table.

‘’Sorry for his behaviour.’’ The girl muttered. ‘’He just never seems to know when to stop. I don’t even understand why he started this little rant but he always does these things.’’

I smiled at her. ‘’Yeah, he is pretty obnoxious…’’ I said to her. Her plump lips curled into an amusing smile. She was really beautiful.

‘’Yeah, tell me about it. He’s my brother.’’ She said.

Oh shit, how ironic. Off course the one girl I was complaining to about the harsh boy, had to be his sister. ‘’Oh, I’m sorry.’’ I said apologetically.

‘’It’s fine, he’s a dick anyways.’’ I nodded my head in agreement. ‘’Though he can be nice.’’ I raised a brow. ‘’Sometimes…’’ she added grinning.  ‘’I’m Gemma, by the way.’’ She said. She winked at me and left the classroom.

Well, at least I met someone nice.

‘’God I thought she was never going to leave.’’ Said Brittany, who apparently was waiting for me. I frowned. ‘’You don’t like her?’’ I asked. ‘’No, she’s a freak. And a punk.’’ She said with a disgusted face.  She really knew how to exaggerate. Yes, she did have an piercing but that doesn’t make her a freak. Or a punk.

‘’I thought she was kind of nice.’’ I told her.

‘’She’s weird.’’ Said Brittany, making her point for the second time in our conversation.  ‘’Anyways, do you want to come sit with me and my friends at lunch?’’ 

Should I? She was nice at me but I had this odd feeling it was because I was famous. Whatever, everybody was nice to me because I was famous. Except this one person. This one obnoxious, rude boy.  Why did he even bother to say anything? What had I done to make him hate me? I really wondered why he did hate me. He slightly hurt my feelings. Why am I even thinking about this ‘Hazza’ kid. He isn’t even worth it.

‘’Hello? Earth on Charlie?’’ said Brittany waving her hands in front of my face.

‘’Oh sorry, I was just thinking about something. But sure, I’ll sit with you.’’ She clapped her hands in excitement. ‘’Yay! Oh and thinking about what?’’ I shrugged. ‘’I was thinking about the rude boy.’’ ‘’Oh, Harry!?’’ apparently that was his real name, not Hazza. ‘’He’s hot, isn’t he?’’ she asked. ‘’A little.’’ I said, not wanting to admit how hot I actually thought he was. ‘’Well, you better stay away from him. We hooked up a few times and we still have something going on.’’ She said suddenly, sounding serious.

‘’Er, okay?’’  She patted my shoulder. ‘’Well, it was so nice to meet you Charlie Youngblood, but I gotta run, chemistry is on the fourth storage.’’ I saw some kids turning their heads towards us at the mention of my last name. Did she really have to say my last name out loud? ‘’See you at lunch doll!’’ she said loudly.

Doll? Seems like I got a petname on my first day already. I watched how she shoved some freshman’s out of her way and I quickly checked my phone. I had 2 minutes to get to my next class and I had no idea where it was. I stared at my screenlock some more and crooked a smile looking at the picture.

''Hello?''

I raised my head and in front of me stood a stressed looking girl with enormous glasses on her head. She shook my hand to introduce herself. ''I'm Betty, Betty Carter.''

''Oh nice to meet you, I am..'' I begun. She ignored me and continued talking. ''I was suppossed to show you around and bring you to your next class but I had an dentist appointment and then I lost my keys,so that's why I am at school just now and we're so late and we are going to get in so much trouble and I....''