Cato: Never

Chapter Five.

Cato's POV.

I gathered every strength that's left in my system to ask her "What is it, Clove?" I asked. I'm scared, yes. But I want to know how she feels. Wait - I'm scared? Me? Well, that's a first. Clove sure has this huge effect on me, I can't deny that.

"Cato.. I.. I.." Her voice is still trembling. It breaks my heart to see her like this. It's just too much for me to see.

"You know, we should rest. It's been a long night." I say. I want to hear what she wants to say but I know she needs rest. Then, I carried her. Cause she'll be more exhausted if she walks to camp. It's too far from here. I grabbed her knife and gave it to her. Then she rested her head on my chest and her hands were around my neck. 'She's so light, but so strong' I thought.

Then she closed her eyes, then sighed. "You know, I was scared too." She said.

"Oh really?" I asked,messing with her.

"Hmm-mm." She replied. She sounded sleepy. "I was scared I'd never see you again and I didn't even say goodbye properly." She said

My heart ached that moment. She was scared cause she thought she'd never see me again rather than losing her own life!

"Really?" I ask. She just nods. "And that I'd never have the chance to tell you, I care." She says softly then she opens her eyes and stared at me.

"You know.." I said, "I was scared to death." I say.

She didn't remove her gaze. "Cato?"

"Hm?"

"Don't leave me, please?" I stopped walking.

"What was that?" I ask. Did I hear that right? She asked me not to leave her?

"I said.." she sighed, "don't you ever leave me, please?" Well. I heard her right. Then she closed her eyes and rested her head on my chest again. Then I started walking again.

After I few minutes, I said..

"What makes you think I'd leave you, huh?" She opened her eyes swiftly that caused me to stop walking and just stare at her. 'What?" I ask.

She just shrugged. "I don't know." She said. "So, you won't?" She asked me.

I let go of her feet and led her on her feet. She was standing now, facing me, but her arms were still around my neck. I leaned forward, so close in front of her, then I said, "Never". Then I kissed her gently.

------------------