Late Christmas Special

((This has nothing to do with the ongoing story, but since Christmas just went by I'd add this random little one-shot ((ITS FLUFF, IM BAD AT WRITING FLUFF SO)).

Btw, how did your Christmas go? What did you get? What did you give? Tell me in the comments below, I'm interested!))

Christmas was almost here, and it was almost impossible to believe another year had gone by since you last took the decorations down. Now they were all sprung up around your house, from the outside to the inside lights and festive extras littered every nook and cranny.

It was a season of receiving, but most importantly sharing. A chance for humans to prove their generosity to people without expecting something in return.

You smiled, your thoughts alone making you feel warm and cozy against the wind that ferociously pushed against your body. See, unlike everyone else in Derry, who was snoring their excitement away into dreamland, you were plowing through the ankle-deep snow that threatened to enter your shoes. In your hands, you carried a big- rather heavy- box of Christmas decorations. Things that weren't left over, but rather things you purposely left unhung in your home.

The common person may wonder why, in the middle of this frosty winter night so close to Christmas, you were going through so much effort to go somewhere in such a rush.

It was a question you couldn't really answer them. Because they wouldn't believe you, and if they did they'd think you were crazy.

You were visiting a monster.

Yes, a monster. It couldn't understand most human emotions, nor could it understand the festive day humans called 'Christmas'. It couldn't understand why people give with no care whether they receive, and in your eyes it was upsetting; because nobody was there to teach it.

Your treading came to an abrupt halt as you reached your destination. A large sewer entrance stood before you, but it was blocked by a thick heap of dirty snow. Behind you, the river that usually hummed the quiet, relaxing sound of gently flowing water was frozen over so beautifully it was hard not to look back and just stare.

The trees that surrounded you were dipped in snow as little snowflakes lightly dropped onto your head. Your smile remained as you set the box down on the snow, bending over to rummage through it until your fingers traced over the shape of two items you were searching for.

"Aha" you chimed, pulling them out from the pile of decorations. In one hand, a big warm metal flask was held and in the other a lantern with a single match set inside. You dropped the flask and unlocked the lanterns door, receiving the match as skilfully setting it ablaze by swiftly pulling it along the bottom of the lantern.

Oh, what a beautiful sight. The dull orange flame of the lantern that flickered in alteration of brightness that glimmered against the white snow, casting a warm but faded orange across it. Your eyes fluttered as you picked the flask from the floor, popping open the lid with an automatic button to release the warmth of the liquid inside.

You had boiled water before coming here, guessing that the entrance may be blocked and playing it safe rather than sorry. So, with that everlasting smile of purity you walk up to the snowy entrance and slowly, slowly, slowly pour the contents of the flask onto the snow, using the lantern in the other hand to see where the water was being poured. It melts in a constant and quite satisfying manor as an entrance begins to create itself.

The snow blockage wasn't as thick as you thought, and you needn't use half of the boiling water before there is a decent hole in the wall.

"Don't forget the box" you lightly scold yourself, backtracking your steps to retrieve it. With it tucked under your arm, you enter the maze of dark and twisted tunnels that is the home of it.