Chapter One

I wake up to the sound of screaming.

The baby's crying and my parents are fighting, it doesn't bother me though, I'm used to it. After what seems like forever, I drag myself out of bed to get ready for school. I'm a junior at Nature High School and, no I'm not popular. I'm probably the least popular girl at my school if you ask me, but nobody seems to care what I think.

I put on my normal attire ripped jeans, a tank top, and sweatshirt. I usually am really heavy on make­up but I just don't feel like loading my face with make­up today, so I just put on some mascara and lite eye­liner. I never knew how pretty you could be if you just take off some make­up. I've never thought of myself as being pretty, because the people around

me lead me to believe that I'm not, but today I honestly feel pretty for once. I don't feel depressed, but the people at school won't care if I change they will always treat me the same way. I suddenly became depressed again and load my face with make­up. I just wanted the world to go away.

I go downstairs and my mom made me breakfast. I am hungry but I don't want to eat, so I just went out to the bus stop. As I was waiting for the bus this guy came up to me and pushed me to the ground. I didn't get back up because I knew if I did he would just push me down again.

I waited for a while to get up, so I know he isn't there anymore. As I am getting up I see another guy come up to me, I thought it was that same guy again, so I put myself back on the ground, he said, "Wait, I'm not going to hurt you, I saw what that guy did to you and I came to help."

"Thanks," I reply, "but I don't need your help, I can get up on my own."

"Please," he held out his hand, "I'm only trying to help."

"Fine," I take his hand and get up, "thanks, I guess."

"You're welcome." he says and then he was gone.