Letters To Her

I sighed as I enclosed the envelope and ran out my house and felt the wet grass become crushed under my now soggy socks and I opened the mailbox and slid in the envelope and shut the mailbox and lifted up the red flag.

I sighed and walked back into my house and slowly and peeled off my wet socks and tossed them into the laundry room and slowly trudged upstairs.

"Justin honey?" My mother, Pattie, said as I walked past her room.

I slowly turned and walked back towards her room and popped my head in.

"Yeah mom?" I asked, wondering what she needed from me.

"I need you to go to the grocery store please. Here's the list." She said and held out a paper listed with groceries.

I sighed and stretched out my arm and grabbed the list from her as I turned and walked back towards my room.

I sat on my bed as I pulled on a new pair of socks and slipped on my Supras. I put on my Yankees hat and walked out my room and trudged downstairs.

HER P.O.V.

I sighed as the screams and shouts blared through my closed door and I shut my eyes as I hid under my small bed. Soon enough the shouting stopped and a loud slam was heard. I swallowed and bit my lip as I heard the heavy footsteps come towards my room. I shut my eyes tightly as I heard the door open and sweep against the carpet.

"Where the hell are you?!" My father roared, knowing he didn't know where I had hidden. I used to hide in my closet but then he had found me so I hid under my bed.

Soon hands gripped my ankles and dragged me from under the bed and I screamed loudly and soon enough I felt the first blow against my cheek.

~~~~

I cried and sobbed into my arms as the pain engulfed my body. I couldn't contain the sobs at all. No matter how hard I tried. I was alone. Empty. And hurt. The only thing that kept me wanting to live was the letters from the boy who had stolen my heart.

The boy who had given me his heart in return.

The boy who had left.

The boy who promised to come back someday from the fame.

It was 6 years ago he made the promise. But so far he never came back. He couldn't call considering I did not have a phone. We were too poor to even afford a dinosaur computer from 1999. So letters. That was my only communication with him. And I didn't mind.

I sighed as I slowly stood up and pulled open my door quietly. I peeked my head out only to meet darkness and complete silence.

I quickly walked out of my room and out of my house and ran to the mailbox that was recently filled with cluttered junk mail, bills, a OK! Magazine my mother had subscribed to even though she never reads it, and the one letter from the boy I needed and the boy I loved.

I grabbed the letter then shut the mailbox and ran back inside my house and shut the door and ran to my room and shut that door. Then I looked at the envelope and slid my index finger into the small opening between the sticky tape and the letter.

I then tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter that started off with,

"Dear Skylar,"

~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm trying a new writing style in this story. I dunno if it seems different. Does it? Please tell me. And also if it does seem different than my other writing style please tell me which is better. And also please tell me if you like the idea of this story. Please! Thanks! Love you guys!