Chapter 2

Justin's P.O.V:

I run in my house, tired, wore down and upset. Thinking about her, yet again is just so hurtful. Knowing her dad is probably abusing her worse than I remember. I walk up the stairs into my room.

Closing the door I pull off my shirt and jeans, and climb in bed. Wondering when Sky would give me another letter. I let my thoughts drift into memories of her and I.

My favorite memory was meeting her.

*Flashback*

I ran into the park, happy, I was a happy person at the age of five. I ran to the swings and saw that there was only one swing left. Then, I saw a girl in clothing that looked worn out, and bruises were on her arms. She saw me getting on the last swing and frowned.

"You can have it." I said, smiling at her, she wasn't much shorter than me.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna ruin your fun..." She mumbles, shyly and I grinned. I held the swing out to her.

"I'll push you." I said happily, she smiled ever so slightly as she climbed on the swing and I pushed her with all my strength.

*Flashback over*

I smile and let myself drift off to sleep.

Skylar's P.O.V:

"Dear Skylar,

I'm still keeping that promise, soon. Soon I promise you, I promise that I will visit you. That's a promise I'm definitely keeping. Wait, I repeated the same thing a couple times. Well, whatever. It's just to prove how much this promise means to me. Are you still holding up? Is your dad getting worse? I'm worried about you Sky. Well, my mom's making cut the writing short for today.

I love you,

Justin."

I read the letter over and over, quietly speaking to myself. I sigh and grab a pen and a piece of paper and sit down at my small desk. I turn my small desk lamp on and bite the inside of my cheek. I start writing, not realizing what time it is until I hear loud footsteps coming towards my room and I hide the paper, note and pen in a drawer and run to my small bed and climb in it, pretending to sleep.

"Skylar Rose get the fuck up!" I hear my dad yell, as he walks in my room and I feel something slap my right cheek.

"Useless child I swear!" He screams at me as I climb out of bed.

"Sorry daddy..." I mumble as I clean up my room and he punches me.

"Just go make me breakfast. Who the fuck told you, you could sleep in anyway?! Huh?" He screams at me and I bite my lip, forcing myself to not cry.

"I don't know... I'm sorry..." I say, barely above a whisper and he slaps me again and storms out. I sigh and walk out my room and into the kitchen, making his favorite. I bite my lip, trying to make it delicious, and to his liking. I didn't feel like getting yelled at or abused for not making good food.

I walk to where he was and serve him. "Anything else you need?" I ask, politely. It was hard not putting attitude and sarcasm in that sentence, but I've learned a while back. He scoffs and pushes me to the ground and stomps on my stomach.

"Just make sure the house is clean. I'm going to be out so if I hear you did anything wrong from anyone you're gonna be punished." He snaps and I nod, quickly and slowly stand up. I walk into my room and close the door. I sit at my desk again and continue writing.

"Dear Justin,"

Justin's P.o.v:

I wake up in the morning to Scooter yelling at me to wake up. I sigh and sit up. "I can hear you!" I scream back and he chuckles.

"Not if you just woke up. I've been screaming for an hour. Anyway you have interviews. Oh and mail. But get ready, then you have a recording session and then rehearsal foe your concert tomorrow." He says and hands me the letter from Sky. I smile and sit on the bed.

"Okay man, be out in an hour." I say and he nods and walks out.

"Dear Justin,

You did repeat that a couple times. But you know, you do it in every letter you write. So I believe you... And my dad. Well, I'm still alive so I guess that's a good thing huh? Well, he is getting worse, but it's just because I anger him. You know? Like, when I don't get up early enough to make him food. But good news. He's gonna be gone for a couple days. That means I don't have to be scared. But I'm pretty sure he's having someone watch me. But, what would I do anyway? Throw a party? Nah... Well, anyway, did you know how short your last letter was? I think it contained about three sentences. Hey, how soon will you be back? I miss you.

Lots of love,

Sky."

I smile and bite my lip, sitting down to write something to her, when Scooter walks in.

"Get ready man!" He shouts and I roll my eyes and put the letter in a safe place, then I walk in my bathroom to take a shower. God, I miss her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! This one was written by Cquick98!(: sorry if it's short. I'm writing from my phone! Haha love ya!(: