we are ten

▪️▪️we are ten ▪️▪️

Dear Virat,

This year was really happy. We started playing together. And you also told me sorry for making me feel left out.

More than that, I was happy because we ended up in the same class in spite of classes getting shuffled. I don't know how I would've survived without us being together.

I also loved the gift you sent me. I wanted to read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde's story since a long time. And it's so lovely! You should totally read it (even though I know you hardly read school textbooks).

To sum up everything about this year, I would say this year has been really amazing for us. Whenever I was in a grumpy mood, and acting like Elsa - you would cheer me up with your cheesy puns and jokes like Olaf.

But there has been this one problem which is constantly bugging me.

I think mom and dad are hiding something from me. I don't know but they aren't home during bed time these days. I feel lonely sometimes. Your mom invited me, saying that we can have night-outs together. But I think our classmates will tease us about it so I refused aunty. I hope she doesn't feel bad about it and still allows me to play with you. (Aunty if you're reading this, I LOVE YOU !!! Please don't be mad at me !!!)

I don't know when mom and dad will return. I hope everything's really okay. I'm trying to keep the lights on and sleep... but this is hard, you know? Harder than the sweep shot you've been practising since two weeks. I hate being in darkness alone so I'm still trying. You know, instead of perfect; we're human, and maybe that's why life doesn't go as we want it to.

Anyway, I hope you like the gift I sent you for this year - it's the cricket bat those big guys use for playing cricket. I hope they won't tease you now for using the small one. Score huge in the next inter-class.

Love always,

Misha