Chapter 10

Caleb's POV

Stupid. Very stupid. I sighed as I looked at the darn tickets on my desk. Why in the world did I say yes. I am such a wuss. I was blinded by my love, it seems. Eww, I disgust myself. I lost all rational thinking when it comes to Charlie. I have got to snap out of this. She likes that Damien guy. Seriously likes him. There is no way that she would see me in any other way than Dara's pesky little brother. I kinda knew it, but I guess I really want her. So badly that I refuse to see reason. 

I don't want to give up. But I know I had to. I would do anything for her. For her happiness, I would do anything, even help another guy notice her. There were times that I wanted to just get rid of the damn tickets and just tell Charlie that I lost them or something. But I couldn't. I didn't have it in me to hurt her like that. It sounded too petty and selfish. And Charlie had never been selfish. She deserves to be happy with the guy that she had chosen. 

I couldn't explain how severely my heart broke when Charlie confessed that she liked Damien. It crumbled into tiny little pieces and it took all I had to not break down. Yeah, I am a sissy.  I need to move past this. It's been 4 years, I really have to get over this crush. It's starting to dictate how I go about with my life and influence how I make my decision, which sucks big time. I have to be a man and just get over it. Yeah, I will get over her. Because I am a man and there are plenty of girls who want me.  I know I sound conceited, but it's true. So, I should quit being so hung up on Charlie.

Plus, I know, for a fact that Dara would not like it if I get together with Charlie. She might feel uncomfortable. But then, she might be okay with it. I mean, who knows right. She might want her little brother to be with the best woman. And who else is the best woman for me if not her own best friend, right? Eh, who am I kidding...Dara would hate the idea. I just had a feeling me being with Charlie is not something she would ever expect.

Just then, I saw my watch and decided to get ready for swim practice. I need to burn off some steam anyway. I'll deal with the tickets later. Just then, I smiled, thinking of the sure fire way to sell the tickets. 

***********************************************************************************************

Charlie's POV

Yeah, I know I've been a horrible person. I used Caleb for my own gains. Urgh, now that I thought about it, I remember being a manipulative bitch to the one person who I trust the most.  But he did say okay. It's not like I threatened him or something. So, it's all good. Right?

Anyway, after a week, true to his words, Caleb managed to sell half the tickets that I had to sell, like 50 pieces. He sold 25 pieces in just under a week. To girls, presumably. Well, I personally do not care how he sold the tickets and to whom, I just hope he could sell the rest of the tickets and then some. It would impress Damien if I could sell more than my share. I did give the other 50 pieces to Ally and hope that she could sell them.

"I can't believe you sold off 25 tickets just like that! Thank you so much!" I cried happily as I hugged Caleb when he came over to give the money to me. He looked surprised I hugged him. I also pecked his cheeks noisily, like I used to do when we were kids and I babysat him. Although he insisted it wasn't babysitting. He called it a social call. He was such a weirdo. He chuckled as he pushed me away gently. Then he kinda lay on my bed, making himself comfortable.  

"Hey, don't you like, have a date or something? Why are you hanging around here? It's Saturday night." I said as I pulled my hair into a loose ponytail. I took off my hoodie, wearing only my tank top inside. The tank top kinda rode up over my stomach, but I couldn't care less. Nobody saw, except for Caleb, and he doesn't count as a guy. He's Caleb.