Chapter 39

I sighed as I lay back in the overstuffed cafe in the suite. Dara was squealing in excitement over the filled-to-the-brim mini fridge, which did not look very mini by the looks of it.

It had been a surreal experience. We flew in the Business Class and were picked up in town car with Brandon Hughes already in the front seat with a welcoming smile on his face. Then he brought us to a 5 star hotel in Tokyo. We were put in a suite. It was not very big, being that it's in Tokyo, but it's seriously luxurious. Brandon told us Caleb would come over to see us for dinner. It had been a few months since I saw Caleb, so I was seriously excited. Dara was excited to see her brother, too.

"Look, green Kitkats! Okay, what the heck is matcha? It's green. Cool..." Dara said as she sat cross-legged in front of the fridge, rummaging through it, like it was a treasure trove.

"It's green tea." I said as I switched on the tv. A weird-looking gameshow thing was on. The contestants were put in a room and were told to watch a local guy trying to read in English. He couldn't and sounded really hillarious. The contestants were supposed to watch it and not laugh. Those who laugh will get paddled on the ass. Really hard. It was hella weird and I just couldn't look away.

"Oh my god, this matcha kitkat thingy is soooo gooood...." Dara said as she chewed the wafer blissfully. Then,she rummaged some more.

"New York Cheesecake Kitkat ... seriously?! Hell, yeah!" Dara said as she tore open the golden yellow aluminium packaging. I look,ed over at her and chuckled when she took a tentative bite and wrinkled her nose. Then she shrugged and ate the whole 4 wafer fingers.

"Having fun there, Dara?" I asked as I flipped to another channel.

"Extremely. The time of my life. Pocky.. Chocolate covered pretzel sticks. Oh yeah..." Dara said as she tore open the box and took some other treats from the fridge, 2 cute tiny bottles of Coke and some chocolates. She went to me and sat beside me as she piled the coffee table with her bounty. I looked at Dara. Sugar-loading much?

Just then I flipped to the Olympic Channel. It was showing the highlights of the Olympics. The previous events in Athletics, track and field and swimming. I watched the 200-metres freestyle semi-finals and saw Caleb came in first, thus qualifying him for the finals which would be held the next day. I felt the excitement brewing in me. I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

"Wow, that's Caleb. He is effing fast!" Dara gushed as her eyes were glued to the tv.

"Yeah, he is something." I said in a daze. My eyes staring at Caleb who looked so hot on tv.

"Hey, you might want to wipe off that drool off your chin.." Dara said jokingly. I felt my cheeks flushed at being caught oggling at my boyfriend by his sister.

"I do not drool..." I muttered loud enough for her to hear. Dara chuckled.

I glanced at the tv where Caleb and a few swimmers were being interviewed by reporters. Wow, I still find it hard to believe that Caleb has become so well-known. He had come so far from the tiny snivelling 9 year-old boy I knew in the past. And the next day, he might well win a gold, who knows, right?

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I got up to answer it since Dara was busy stuffing her pretty face with some green tea macaroons. When I peeked into the peek-hole (or whatever you call it), I instinctively smiled widely. I quickly opened the door and beamed. Caleb smiled and got in as he planted a chaste kiss on my forehead and said "Hold that thought" What?! I went to sit on the sofa, wondering what Caleb meant.

Then he walked in and went to Dara. She squealed with her mouth full and threw her arms around him. Caleb laughed as he hugged her and kissed her cheek. Then he went to me with a smirk on his face. I looked at him, wondering what was up with him.