Mistakes.

Chief's POV

"Chief... we made the drop off. We did our part. All of the product was there!" Officer Monae said as I sat down in my chair.

"We shouldn't have gotten into this with you in the first place! Now both of our daughters are missing!" Officer Parks said pacing back and forth.

"I'm sure they just want their money. They won't hurt them if they get the money." I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Then, how are we supposed to get it to them? The station can't afford to lose any money! That's how we almost got shut down in the first place." Officer Monae said as I closed my eyes.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Jay's POV

"So you're telling me... that y'all are smuggling and running drug deals through the L.A.P.D? Are you freaking kidding me?" Melanie asked as I shook my head in disbelief.

"Both of your fathers owe us a huge lump sum of money... since they won't give us what we are owed. You two are gonna be the ones to take care of our little problem." She said standing up as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" I asked as she chuckled...

"You're gonna take care of some business for me and get me my money back." She said as I shook my head no.

"You're gonna just have to kill me... I ain't smuggling no drugs across no borders. You gotta go through the airport and TSA and all of them. I ain't playin' that. I'm not going to prison." I said as Melanie tried to shush me.

"First off, You're not gonna tell me what you're not gonna do." She said pulling a gun out of her pocket and pointing it at my head.

"Jay just shut up and listen to her! I don't want you to get hurt... listen lady or whoever you are. We'll do whatever." Melanie said as my heart raced.

It was going faster and faster every second. I need to stop talking so much smack. I honestly learn it from Chris. We can go back and forth all day.

"I know you'll do what I tell you... now listen up. First, you're gonna rob a bank for me and take the amount of money I tell you to. Then, you're gonna take the shipment to a drop off location. One of my connects will meet you there. In exchange, they'll give you the drugs and I'll let you know where I need you to take them. Right now, I'm thinking about closing another deal with my guy in Russia." She said as my eyes went buck.

Our fathers got us into all this mess. I'm supposed to be going to school. I'm a senior, and I plan on graduating soon.

Now, the tables have turned and I'm gonna be a world class bank robber and an international drug smuggler.

"You want us to rob a freaking bank? Are you crazy? We're teenage girls for crying out loud. I can barely sneak an extra cookie from the lunch line at school and you want me to still money from a bank? You want us to be involved in armed robbery? You done lost your mind." Melanie said as we heard her cock the gun back.

"Okay okay I'm shutting up." Mel said as I let out a deep sigh. I then realized that I never hung up on Chris. We were on the phone with the him and the police.

I moved around and I looked down at my pockets... then realized that my phone was gone.

"You're gonna do what I say. Your fathers and the chief screwed with my stuff. I'm a businesswoman and I don't play when it comes to my finances. I'm serious about what I do. Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions." She said as I squinted my eyes.

"You just stole that line from the movie Friday. You thought you were being creative?"  I asked as she looked at one of the guys and she gave him a look.

Next thing I know, a guy is walking up and putting duck tape across my mouth.

"I like you, but you talk too much." She said as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Her phone keeps going off... I think it's the boyfriend." A guy said from the corner as he held up my phone.

It was getting harder to breathe and it was almost as if I was hyperventilating. Chris is blowing up my phone and I can't get to him.

I see that I'm talking a lot of trash and I'm joking a lot, but I'm trying to forget the fact that I really got kidnapped in broad daylight. I never would've figured that I would be in this type of situation.

"Jay it's gonna be okay." I heard Mel say as she scooted her chair next to mine. I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Awwwwn... I see you have a soft spot for... what's his name? Chris?" She asked as I started resisting in my seat. I tried to get out of everything that I was tied up in.

I'm sure she could see the fire in my eyes. I was heated.

"Baby please answer the phone... awnn... he's trying to reach you again." She said reading the text aloud as she took the phone from the guy.

I just sat there and let the tears fall from my face.

"I love you so much... hang in there, we're gonna do everything we can to find you." She said reading another text as I started moving around and kicking the air.

"Stop it! Stop reading her messages! Don't you see her getting angry?" Melanie said to her as I started groaning and screaming through the tape.

I feel like punching a wall right now!

"I just wanted to let her know what her little boyfriend said." She said as I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down.

"Why are you doing this to us? Why couldn't you just tell the L.A.P.D to negotiate with you. Then, they'll have your money." Melanie said as the woman shook her head no.

"That wouldn't work. The police station was already in danger of closing in your father's district. But, then the Chief found me, and I was giving him money to allow us to run drugs through there and to smuggle them. On the last drop off, they came up short with some thousands. So, I stop giving them some. When I stop giving them money, they don't have anymore cash to offer me. So, I need to get it another way and I chose this way. What I say goes. Now, get ready... we have places to go... banks to see." She said as I opened my eyes and she walked towards the door.

The guys were coming near us to transport us to another location.

"Chris said he misses you... too bad you're right here with me." Britain said as he took my phone from the woman.

I started kicking and screaming through the tape again.

"Put me down!! Let me go!!" Melanie yelled out as guys took her away.

I couldn't stop crying. My life is changing quickly. This is literally the worst day of my life.

———————————————

Comments? Feedback? Thoughts 💭?

It's getting super intense 😭

Thanks for reading! 💗