Chapter 9 - The Christmas Kiss

Lauren's POV

December 20th

I woke up from John jumping on my bed at 10 in the morning.
"What?" I complained.
"We need to get packing because we're flying to LA in 5 hours!"
He exclaimed.
"Wait! What?! I thought we were going tomorrow!"
"Yeah we were but the flight got canceled so mom managed to book another flight to LA last minute. She booked it last night but you had already fallen asleep then which is why you're only finding this out now."
"Great. Just great." I immediately scrambled out of bed and picked out about 10 different outfits. Johnny walked in just as I started packing it into a suitcase.
"Lauren. You know we're gonna be there for only 6 or 7 days. You don't need all of those different outfits." He said.
"Actually yes I do! You don't know what situations we could be put in!" I yelled at him.
"You're ridiculous Lauren." And then he stomped out of my room.
Once I had finished packing everything and had eaten breakfast and gotten changed into comftable clothes ready for the plane, I went downstairs with my suitcase and waited by the door for Maddie and Mom.
Oh yeah. By the way, we moved back to Canada earlier this year.
They were finally ready so we left the house and got a taxi to the airport.
As soon as we arrived and had collected all of our stuff, we ran out of the airport and jumped into the other taxi that we had booked. Well, me, John and my dad ran but the other three just walked.
We eventually arrived at Kenzie's house. I knocked on the door as hard as I could and there was an immediate answer.
"Lolo!" Kenzie screamed.
"Kennie!" I screamed back as we threw ourselves into each other's arms. "I missed you so so so so so so so so much!"
"Same girrrrrll!"
We both started rambling on as we walked inside. I didn't even realise I had left my suitcase outside until John came into the living room, dragging my luggage in and moaning about me being lazy. Moaning very loudly.
"Oh shut up child." Kenzie said.
We ran upstairs into her room and I heard John yell, "Can't even be bothered to take it upstairs!" He must've been talking about the suitcase.

That Evening

"Hey Kenz, we should invite some friends over." I suggested.
Me, Kenz and Maddie(her one) were sat on the girls' bed in their room in LA.
"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I'll call Ruru and Nads. You call Annie and Hayley, Laur and Mads can you call Brynn and Jayden."
Just then, I got out my phone and a notification showed up. Brynn had liked a comment on Instagram. Omg.
"Umm. Maybe you shouldn't invite Brynn." I said. "She just liked a really shadey comment on Instagram. Look."
I showed them both.

"I showed them both

"Wow. She's a really good friend." Maddie said, sarcastically.
"I know right." I replied.
"Well lets just invite Annie, Hayley, Jayden, Ruby and Nadia." Kenz moaned. You could tell she was upset.
"Thats still quite a lot of people." I pointed out.
"I guess so. Its just she was my best friend for 3 years." A tear slowly rolled down her cheek but Maddie wiped it away.
"C'mon. Don't be such a downer. Forget about her. Now, lets start calling some peeps." Maddie was always so optimistic and could change a bad situation into a good situation within 5 seconds. That's what I loved about her.