Bookstore (Lams Fluff)

(THE WRITING SUCKS ON THIS, SO CRINGE WARNING. IT'S MY FIRST ONE SHOT SO..ENJOY!)

I sighed as my family dragged me through the local store. It was my brother's birthday and he got to pick out one item from the local store.He begged for the whole family to tag along witch sucks because I hate hanging with my dad. He's so homophobic and it's so hard to be myself around him. As far as my mom goes, she's always traveling so I only see her on special occasions.

The family was gathered around him and I saw an opportunity to sneak off.

"I'm gonna go look at books," I told them quickly before dashing away.

I love playing video games with my best friend Peggy, but I don't usually play them when I'm by myself. They're better off as two-player games.

I wandered into the books. I found myself in the history sections. There were so many books! Some on Lin-Manuel Miranda, The guy on the 10 dollar bill. Others on Cripstopher Jackson, our first president; and Daveed Diggs, Our third president. But, one partially caught my eye. Anthony Ramos, A anti-slaver! I picked the book of the shelf and examined it.

I started walking while looking at the book. Being klutzy me, I ran right into a stranger who was just a few inches taller than

I lost my balance and crashed to the ground.
He looked over at me a bit worried.

"I'm so sorry!" He yelped. He set down his book on Lin-Manuel Miranda and offered me his hand to help me up. I gladly took it and pulled myself up from the ground.

"Sorry, I'm so clumsy," I shyly told him, picking my book off the ground.

"It's okay," He smiled sweetly.

His brown eyes were so intelligent and shiny. I felt warm inside and butterfly's just swarmed in my stomach.

I felt my cheeks growing warm.

"Anthony Ramos, huh?" He asked staring the book in my hand.

I nodded, not making eye contact.

He picked up the book he was holding a few moments ago and held it up so I could see.

"Did you know he was good friends with Lin-Manuel Miranda?" He asked with a large, goofy smile.

I shook my head 'no'.

I don't know why I became so shy but I felt like I was in a throw up butterflies. My heart was beating and my face was probably super bright red.

"You're freckles are really cute," he stated.

"Oh dang! Did I say that out loud?" He shamefully looked away while his face burned a shade of deep red.

I giggled a little and whispered, "You're face is cute."

He looked at me surprised. I suddenly didn't feel shy anymore.

He itched the back of his neck, "So Uh...Can I...get your number phone- I mean Phone number- or something."

"Smooth," I smirked sarcastically.

He giggled nervously, waiting for my answer.

"I don't know...can I get your name?"

He laughed, "Alexander Hamilton."

"John Laurens." I smiled.

"Cute name," He playfully nudged me.

"And here's my 'cute' number," I grinned, handing him a paper with my phone number etched on it.

"Text 'cha later then, Jonny-Boy," He blushed, pocketing the piece of paper.

"Don't push it, slick," I laughed.

He smiled at me before disappearing from my sight.

"Aw, That was cute!" My Little Sister, Martha, giggled from behind.

I jumped.

"AH MARTHA!" (No reference intended ;) )

She laughed even more. The rest of my family poured in behind her. I was praying they didn't see any of that go down.

"There you two are!" My mom whined, picking up my little sister.

My dad glared at me, "Who was that boy?"

Oh no...

"That was Alexander," I stated calmly.

My blush was still plastered across my face. I was hoping he didn't hear Alex and I talking.

"How do you know him?" He asked, raising am eyebrow.

Should I lie or tell him I just met him.

"W-We just me- he um- goes to my school..." I whispered.

My dad smiled, "I'm so glad to see you have more than one friend."

Relief washed over me. Woof-ta!

I smiled back, "Ya, Me too."

My brother proudly held his new birthday present in his hand. A race car. Wow.

"Can we go now??" He whined.

My mother nodded.

With a smile scribbled on my face, we walked out of the store after paying.

Today was a good day.

A/N

I wrote this awhile ago and debated of even publishing it, but I guess I decided to soooo um here. School starts again tomorrow😑 blah